Learn Advanced Crochet Stitches with a Free eBook

May 9, 2013

Are you ready to take the next step in your crochet journey and create with advanced crochet stitches like linked crochet, hairpin lace, or crocodile stitch? The newest Crochet Me free eBook uses images, illustrations, and text to share ten advanced crochet techniques with you.

Here is just a sample of the advanced stitch techniques included in Advanced Crochet Stitches: A Free Guide to Crocheting Stitches Including Crocodile Stitch, Hairpin Lace and More.

The bullion stitch, can be a tricky stitch to master. But with the right tools and a few little tips, this stitch, also called the roll stitch, can let you add texture and visual interest to crochet projects.

1. Multiple yarn overs

The bullion is a series of yarn overs that are drawn together in the final stitch. The best hook to complete the bullion stitch effectively is a long, slender, in-line hook. The best yarn to use is a tightly plied one.

To begin the stitch, loosely yarn over the number of times called for in the pattern. Working the yarn overs loosely is key to easily drawing the hook through all the loops. If you can't get your loops loose enough, hold the handle of another smaller crochet hook alongside your hook and wrap the yarn over both. Slide the second crochet hook out after wrapping before completing the stitch.

2. Yarn over and pull up a loop

Yarn over and draw through all the loops on the hook. As you draw the hook through, firmly hold the loops in place with the hand that is not holding the hook. If the loops do not slide easily, pick up each loop and pull it off the hook as you draw through.

3. Finished bullion

To close the bullion, yarn over and draw through the last loop on the hook before working the next stitch. If you get this right away, that's terrific! Most people new to the stitch have to do a bit of ripping out before getting it right. The key to the bullion stitch is to practice it until your hands become familiar with the tension required when making the yarn overs and drawing the hook through.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Sharon Zientara

Download Advanced Crochet Stitches: A Free Guide to Crocheting Stitches Including Crocodile Stitch, Hairpin Lace and More today and add ten new crochet stitches to your library.

P.S. Do you have crochet friends who would love to add a few more stitches to their repertoire? Share this email with them!

Comments

Char55 wrote
on May 9, 2013 9:05 AM

How do I get the free e-book???? There doesn't appear to be a link in the article and it's not in the list of free ebooks. Please HELP!

RufflesMoon wrote
on May 9, 2013 9:08 AM

Can not find a link to the E-Book

rehaber7 wrote
on May 9, 2013 12:24 PM
junethehook wrote
on May 9, 2013 4:41 PM

Hi, to find the link scroll to the second para at the top of the page where it starts

with "here is just a sample .............."  put your cursor on the words printed in italics "Advanced crochet .............." and click.  A line will appear underneath and the next

page will open automatically.

Hope this works

DebC62 wrote
on May 10, 2013 10:46 AM

Click on the e-book title in the second paragraph ("Here is just a sample....).  I was able to download it from there.

Ana Agosto wrote
on May 11, 2013 7:49 AM

GREAT FINALLY I'M MADE IT WOOOOOOO THANKS YOUR ARE MY RESCUE IN CROCHET CRAFTS

Ana Agosto wrote
on May 11, 2013 7:49 AM

GREAT FINALLY I'M MADE IT WOOOOOOO THANKS YOUR ARE MY RESCUE IN CROCHET CRAFTS

on May 12, 2013 12:26 AM

Can't download the free e-book. When I click on the link, a blank page opens. Any ideas?

on May 12, 2013 9:21 AM

As the others have mentioned, I'm redirected to a blank page too when I click on both links in the article.

ChristineB@6 wrote
on May 12, 2013 10:46 AM

same issue as everyone else today, link in email and on site take me to a blank page.

on May 12, 2013 11:01 AM

Along with many others, I can't open the page. I get a blank page.

Please help!

Leah Willis wrote
on May 12, 2013 12:28 PM

I can't open the download either.  First tried using the links in the email you sent me and thought it was a problem with the email.  So I went to your web site and the links here also take me to a blank white page.   Thought it might just be slow to load, so I waited a couple minutes and nothing appeared.   Hope the problem is fixed soon. Thanks.

on May 12, 2013 1:38 PM

The links brings me to a blank page. Is there anywhere else to download this book?

coltsaga wrote
on May 12, 2013 10:16 PM

Having the same problems. Whether I go from the email, or the links above, I simply get a blank page.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Deborah@53 wrote
on May 13, 2013 3:11 AM

when i click on the link for the e-book on advanced stitches i just brings up a blank white page. why won't it load? please someone help us. it appears i am not the only one who is unable to get this e-book to load. i recvd notice of it in my e-mail but it doesn't appear available. please let us know if it isn't ready yet, when it will be. thank you so very much for all of your e-books. i have found a number of them to be most helpful.

guidinha wrote
on May 13, 2013 8:23 AM

it do not open please help

on May 13, 2013 8:37 AM

Neither link is working today either. I guess you get what you pay for.

K8upl8 wrote
on May 13, 2013 9:31 AM

me too... I can't open it from email or link above either... hope its sorted soon

on May 13, 2013 9:38 AM

We are working on fixing this problem right now. Thank you for your patience. This is, or course, a problem I have never seen before. We will get it back up and running as soon as possible.

Toni

on May 13, 2013 9:58 AM

The links are working again. Enjoy!

bates291 wrote
on May 18, 2013 10:30 AM

Under picture 3 where it says "Download Advanced Crochet..." hover over the title "Advanced Crochet Stitches: A Free Guide to Crocheting Stitches..." a line should appear below it. Click there and it should open a new page with a red button that says "Get My Free eBook". If you click the button it should open up another page with another red button. Clicking on the last button opens up the save as folder. Voila! You have made it!