Pictures? Leave a comment here...

Sep 28, 2006

I thought it might be fun to collect links to all the current pictures in one post. I see that Tania has some, and even tho' she feels like she's doing something wrong, it looks fine to me.

If you've got pictures of your progress, leave a comment in this post--if you don't have a blog, and want to e-mail me a picture, I'll post it here.

Comments

Tania wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 10:08 AM

Thanks for putting me at ease. All I could think of as I compared what I'd done so far with other pictures was that it didn't look right to me. I'm so glad that I'm not going to be frogging anything (yet) :)

Dawn (the one in MN) wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 11:27 AM

Have some prelim pics up now and hopefully will be posting them regularly. Nice to see everyone's working up in it's own way. Have been feeling much the same about mine!

Dawn in MN

www.crochetcompulsive.blogspot.com

Tania wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 12:12 PM

That is some seriously pretty yarn. I'll bet it makes a great Sweet sweater. And, btw, those stitch markers were grand as well. You've inspired to dig through my beading stash and see what I can come up with. Much nicer than using those little plastic rings.

gwerker wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 2:42 PM

I have to agree, I LOVE the stitch markers--now, where's my silver wire???

Laurie wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 2:54 PM
Um, sadly I use safety pins to mark my stiches...

I know you already linked to me previously, but FYI I put up a couple new pics last night.

Dawn in MN wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 4:00 PM

hey thanks all! am very glad i'm liking the yarn as even on sale it was a tad more than i'm used to spending, but heck, i'm getting a handmade sweater out of it, right? lesson learned about hand dyed though...had to frog it all when i switched to the next skein...in my enthusiasm forgot the suggestion on the band to alternate skeins in rows...the tonal change was quite glaring to say the least, so now am reworking it with two skeins...bother!

the stitch markers were a breeze to make too, can't wait for an excuse to make more...

Jessie Mae wrote
on Sep 29, 2006 6:45 PM

I've put pictures up of my progress, meager as it maybe. My first attempt was too small to fit over my head, so I had to start over.

Alicia wrote
on Oct 1, 2006 5:59 PM

I love seeing everyone's progress! I have a couple of pictures up as well.

I had to frog about 4 inches yesterday because the arm holes were bunching funny.

Jessica wrote
on Oct 2, 2006 9:15 AM

I've got photos up too! I think I've got the neckline a little wonky, but it seems to be working out okay.

Rina wrote
on Oct 2, 2006 8:34 PM

Love your stitch pattern. What is it, and how are you handling the increases?

Tania wrote
on Oct 3, 2006 6:22 AM

Okay, question about Julie's neckline. At some point should I switch from doing the alternating increases to doing increases every row in order to get v finished? Mine just seems to get longer and longer, but the gap doesn't seem to be closing, if that makes any sense.

Oh, and I finally figured out what was wrong, and had to start over. New yarn, new pics.

Jessica wrote
on Oct 3, 2006 10:45 PM

Rina, I'm using what the Encyclopedia of Crochet calls fan stitch, although it's more of a v stitch (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc in the ch-1 of previous row). I work the increases as in the pattern until I get 4 extra dcs on both sides of the 3-dc, then in the next row I do a v stitch in the middle of the 4 dcs. It's not a very elegant solution, but the yarn seems to be pretty forgiving because it's mohair and variegated.

Dawn (Aust) wrote
on Oct 4, 2006 2:05 AM

Hi, I have another photo if you are interested. And to Dawn MN there is not a lot of us out there. Recently though I ended up working with a Dawn with the same last name as me, she was from South Africa.

Dawn in MN wrote
on Oct 4, 2006 11:00 AM

hmmm, mine was a little steeper than yours, but maybe it's a difference in the stitch? i think julie was using dc and i am using ext sc, so maybe if you're using a shorter stitch the increase isn't as noticeable? the only other thing i can think of is to check to make sure you're counting the tc as your last stitch and working the increase there...otherwise you're increasing to stay working even. does that make sense?

Tania wrote
on Oct 5, 2006 10:33 PM

Yes, it makes a perfect sort of sense, and yes I'm using a hdc as my stitch so I guess the increase isn't as noticable. It's funny to see me working on it right now, cause I'll sit there and rip a couple of rows and contemplate it while I work a few rows of tunisian, then rip a couple of rows. Don't worry though, I'm just trying to figure out if I need to go back any further in order to move forward.

I'm almost back on track though. Too bad all this ripping and contemplating has put me far behind everyone else.

Rina wrote
on Oct 5, 2006 11:49 PM

I started a blog just to participate in this crochet-along. Got a couple of pictures up. I'm so excited, this is my first sweater.

Dawn (the one in MN) wrote
on Oct 7, 2006 12:56 PM

Hey, perfectionists unite! I've worked mine through mid-bust 3 times now. Am taking a wee break myself as I'm just sick of looking at it and am not sure I'm happy with how the yarn is working up...or am I just sick of looking at it? While I try to decide, I looked at your pics again, and am wondering what happens to the neckline if you put the two front points together so the front pieces are aligned flat along the bottom? Does it look v-ish and not so straight up and down? Or does it still look off? Maybe part of the problem is perspective? Or maybe it's not quite long enough yet to tell? I did the full 14 rows of alternating, and once I connected those points it looked just right and I so thought it was not going to.

Kelley wrote
on Oct 8, 2006 2:31 PM
Jessica, I wanted to make my sweater in V-stitch, but couldn't understand how to even get started. I'm going to try to look off of your pictures to figure it out. Could you help me? Yours looks so good so far.

Kelley

Laurie wrote
on Oct 9, 2006 2:20 PM

My first sweater ever is finished! See my blog for a pic.

Dawn (the one in MN) wrote
on Oct 9, 2006 3:15 PM

yeah for you! i love how the stripes turned out, that is great yarn, and the color suits you well. congratulations!

Dawn (the one in MN) wrote
on Oct 9, 2006 3:37 PM

Hey All! More pics up , though not the greatest quality, and from last weekend. Hope to have one with current progress tomorrow. Question about sleeves, will I just work round on what's there now or is there more than that involved? SInce bending my head around the incongruities of this very nice yarn,am now at the point where I just want to plug on through and get it done. How y'all doin'?

Laurie wrote
on Oct 10, 2006 6:45 PM

Dawn in MN- Are you doing long sleeves or short? To do my long sleeves I just followed around the arm hole in my stitch (hdc) decreasing every 10 or so rows (following the decrease in size of my arm from shoulder to wrist) and I did ribbing like on the waist for the cuff.

Dawn (the one in MN) wrote
on Oct 11, 2006 11:10 AM

As we're fast coming into winter here in MN, I'm hoping to have enough yarn for long sleeves so I can wear it now vs. spring. Thanks for the tip Laruie!

Rina wrote
on Oct 17, 2006 3:41 PM

Hello! Finished, or nearly. Got new pics up. I put a textured waistband in mine. I'm trying to decide whether to add sleeves. The cap sleeves are super cute, but it's getting kind of cold. This project has been so easy and fun. I hate, hate sewing pieces together and love raglan sleeves so this was a godsend. I'm looking forward to doing a fancier version of this sweater. Thank you all, especially Amy!

June wrote
on Jan 6, 2007 5:30 PM

Better late than never, I've finished my sweater! Details on my blog.

Rosie wrote
on Mar 4, 2007 4:53 AM

I thank you for your comment.

priscila1234 wrote
on Feb 14, 2009 3:23 PM
My username is spelled incorrectly. I would like to change the name entirely. Thank you!

Priscilla Anderson

Leo123 wrote
on Sep 18, 2011 10:42 PM

dsfdsfsdfdsf<a href=" www.testkings.net/N10-004.htm">testking N10-004</a> |

<a href=" www.testkings.net/SK0-003.htm">testking SK0-003</a> |

<a href=" www.testkings.net/SY0-201.htm">testking SY0-201</a> |

<a href=" www.testkings.net/312-50.htm">testking 312-50</a> |

on Nov 24, 2011 9:33 AM

The particulars and exact<a href="www.carpartswarehouse.com/.../Electric_Power_Steering_Rack.html">Toyota Prius Electric Steering Rack</a>

recommendation are insurance specifically what I was wanting. I’ve book marked and will definitely be returning.business insurance Thanks for the information in this blog.The posting in this site is very cool and also car insurance interesting.I had read the entire blog and I came to know many things which dental insurance I don't know before.I am sure that the visitors who visit this site will also be enjoying reading the posts.Keep it up.Waiting for new posts from you to be posted in this site.

kswaby10 wrote
on Dec 16, 2011 11:33 PM

Great post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. thanks

www.macbookchargerstore.com