Free eBook! 8 Free Crochet Scarf Patterns

Apr 5, 2010

A crochet scarf may be the perfect project. In addition to being supremely portable, it is an excellent way to experiment with new crochet stitches. And scarves make excellent presents—for yourself or someone else.

Here we give you eight free crochet scarf patterns, ranging from practical warm scarves to whimsical accessories.

Free Crochet Scarf Patterns eBook The Zigzag Scarf by Judith Swartz, styled after the classic ripple afghan, is a warm scarf with a whimsical corkscrew fringe.

The Off the Grid Scarf by Marilyn Murphy uses a simple stitch pattern to create an elegant accessory that you can embellish further with ribbons.

Biker Chick Scarves by Sara Tobias work up quickly, making them perfect for beginner crocheters. Use your own favorite colors to create a scarf to suit any outfit.

The Sweet Lorraine Lace Scarf by Doris Chan is a celebration of lace crochet. With its four-row repeat, it is an excellent introduction to working crocheted lace patterns following a crochet stitch chart (written crochet instructions are provided as well).

The Float Away Scarf by Kim Werker is a slender variation of the ripple afghan, with sweet circles for fringe. Worked in double crochet, it is a quick crochet project.

The Mermaid Scarf by Sandi Wiseheart is an exuberantly lacy crochet scarf with wavy edges, perfect for mermaid-wannabes.

The Crocus Scarf by Laura Rintala is a light, lacy scarf designed for fickle spring climates, where it can be sunny one day and snowing the next. It keeps you warm without weighing you down.

The Big Lacy Scarf by the Knitscene team is an instant-gratification scarf worked with double yarn on a Size N hook.

Whatever your scarf needs, you're sure to find a reason to crochet a scarf or two from this collection.

We hope you enjoy these 8 free crochet scarf patterns!

Best,

Comments

liveloveyarn wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 8:20 AM

Awesome! I am so excited! I absolutley loved the e-book before this, with the 6 hat patterns. I am just wondering how we can access the new e-book. Thank you so much! You all are awesome.

Elise

montanahanna wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 9:51 AM

How do we actually get the e-book??

DonnaP wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 10:23 AM

I have the e-book - thanks! While I have most of these already, it's good to have them all in one place.

I have a question about the directions for the Mermaid pattern. For the first motif, this is what it shows:

Row 4: Ch 5, *sc in next ch-2 sp, ch 5; rep from * to last dc, place

marker (pm) around last ch-5 made, (sc, ch 1, dc) around post

of last dc, pm around ch-1 just made, do not turn.

Rnd 8: Repeat Round 6.

So, it goes from "Row 4" to "Rnd 8" and references a non-existant "Round 6". Could someone please explain?

Joan W wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 10:30 AM

These patterns are beautiful ... but how/where do we click to download them?

PattyH@15 wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 11:19 AM

the link was embedded in an email: crochetme.com/Crochet-Scarf-Patterns-Free

wafaa wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 3:07 PM

how i get the e-book ?

cindysue2u wrote
on Apr 5, 2010 6:45 PM

I just noticed you can click on the photo to pull up the download link to the scarves ebook.

AGrotz wrote
on Apr 6, 2010 11:20 AM

You can find the free crochet scarf patterns under the patterns tab on CrochetMe.com and then the Free Interweave Crochet Patterns.

Michele7 wrote
on Apr 7, 2010 2:46 PM

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.""

this statement pops up when I am trying to down load the free scarf patterns...HELP please and thanks so much for sharing these wonderful patterns. Michele

Marcy Smith wrote
on Apr 9, 2010 6:05 PM

Hi Michele!

Sorry you had trouble downloading the eBook. It looks like you were trying to download in the five minutes where we were replacing the eBook with a corrected version (there was a rogue line in the Mermaid Scarf, noted above in comments). Try again & see if it works. Let me know if it doesn't.

Best,

Marcy

HobbyGirlSue wrote
on Jun 3, 2010 8:38 PM

For those looking for the actual ebook and how to download....  If you look just above the signature on this mage - there is a purple text "8 free crochet scarf patterns" - click on this, as it is a link and just follow it till you get to a download statement

missjosifek wrote
on Dec 11, 2010 4:59 AM

I am having problems with the Sweet Lorraine Lace Scarf and would like some help.  The first row is a Fsc 25 and then beg scallop edging.  It says you should end up with 12 scallops, but I have tried it several times and only get 6.  I am not sure if I am wrong or the pattern is.  Please help!

on Dec 13, 2010 11:03 AM

Hello missjosifek,

There does appear to be an error in the pattern. If you count the original (ch 4, tr in first st) you should end up with a total of 6 scallops.

Toni

Kathy Rice wrote
on Jan 15, 2011 7:09 AM

Thank you so much for the scarf ebook.  I am getting more experienced in my crocheting each time I do a scarf or a chemo hat.  I appreciate your generosity.

crtvcrlyn wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 3:00 AM

How does one download the free ebook (8 free crochet scarf patterns)???

crtvcrlyn wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 3:00 AM

How does one download the free ebook (8 free crochet scarf patterns)???

crtvcrlyn wrote
on Mar 8, 2011 3:00 AM

How does one download the free ebook (8 free crochet scarf patterns)???