Calling All Things Cute for Our Amigurumi Calendar!

Aug 30, 2010

We like to plan ahead.

That's why we're already working up plans for our 2012 wall calendar.

We got to thinking about what we'd like to look at every day during 2012. Something cheery, something that makes us smile. And what's cheerier than amigurumi? These crocheted creations range from dolls to food to all manner of cuteness in between.

We'd love for you to be a part of this venture. Here's how: Send us a picture of your own, original amigurumi, along with your creation's name and a little story. We'll select 13 amigurumis to feature on our 2012 calendar. The designers who are selected will receive $175 and a copy of the calendar. Sweet, huh? Polly Picot, our spokesdoll, is all set to help us out with the judging.

Your creation will be treated to a professional photoshoot (hair and make-up optional), then we'll work it all up for all of you to enjoy all year!

Meanwhile, you can mark off the days until then on our 2011 wall calendar. This full-color calendar features a different motif each month, complete with pattern and chart. By the end of the year, you'll have 12 motifs to use as adornments for garments or other crochet projects, the start of a tablerunner or mat set, a tree full of ornaments or whatever else you can think of. And you'll learn a lot about crochet stitches in the process.

For all the fine print on submitting your amigurumi, click on the icon. We can't wait to meet your creations!

Best,

Comments

Allicatrix wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 12:46 PM

Sounds like Calendar Cuteness to me!

AprilGarwood wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 2:35 PM

On Twitter @InterweaveNews posted about this contest and said that it was not necessary to provide the pattern.  Is this accurate?

Marcy Smith wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 3:07 PM

Hi April,

It's true that you don't have to provide the pattern when you submit the pattern. But you will need to provide a pattern if your amigurumi is selected for the calendar.

Best,

Marcy

menwy wrote
on Aug 30, 2010 3:32 PM

I think this is a wonderful opportunity. I love ami's and will be submitting a couple myself. The only thing is.... the email link isn't working. I clicked on it and it says that it is not set up. Could someone please halp me out with this? Thanks! :)

Leebah wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 1:26 PM

Is the $175 for all rights to the pattern or just exclusive rights for a limited period of time?

dslookkin wrote
on Sep 1, 2010 10:12 PM

wow this makes me so happy! i LOVE amigurumi so much - can't wait to participate in this!

lagclover wrote
on Sep 15, 2010 12:54 AM

I was wondering how many entries are allowed per person?

on Nov 3, 2010 4:27 PM

It is November 3rd and I still haven't seen the selections for the amigurumi calendar. Am I missing something? Are the judges tardy? Is the contest cancelled? I was just wondering. My submission isn't posted under the submissions link, so I wondered if the contest is really happening.

amigurumiums wrote
on Nov 4, 2010 4:59 PM

Hi!  I am just curious... who are the winners of the amigurumi design contest?  Sorry to be a nag as I am sure your team is busy, hard at work. I bet you had a lot of really great entries and are having to make some tough choices.

I have been anxiously awaiting to hear ever since I entered my designs in the contest and your website says the winners were to be announced November 1st.  Any news yet?  Thanks!