7 Free Baby Patterns

Apr 21, 2011

Free Crochet Baby Patterns

Baby crochet patterns are so satisfying! Who can resist those tiny garments and crocheted accessories? Moms always appreciate handmade gifts, tailored specifically for their newest addition, and these little projects provide opportunities to experiment with a new stitch or construction technique. Plus these quick and easy items make great stash busters-or perhaps a chance to indulge baby in a bit of luxury yarn!

In this collection you'll find 7 free crochet baby patterns from colorful toys to darling dresses.  Whip up a quick gift or something for your own new arrival.

Constructed of simple striped rectangles, Funky Stuffed Toys by Judith L. Swartz combines bright colors and simple stitches to create a cuddly amigurumi. Create a cat or dog from the pattern provided or use the basic body instructions to design your own crocheted toy, adding whipstitch detailing for that handcrafted touch.

Molly's Mukluks by Toni Rexroat are designed to keep the wee one's feet warm in style. The tall shaft of the boot ensures these fashion-forward booties will stay on while the buttons make them easy to put on and take off.

Inspired by her namesake niece, the Kathryn in Beauly Dress and Hat by Kathy Merrick, will transport you to the Highlands of Beauly, Scotland. The top down-construction, beginning with the striped yoke, minimizes seaming. And the matching bonnet can be worn with the striped edge flat or folded back.

The versatile Anna Cardigan by Robyn Chachula looks great with everything from mini-jeans to a frilly dress, making it perfect for any occasion. And the three-dimensional flower embellishments on this light-weight crocheted baby cardigan will make your little petunia look right in fashion this Spring.

The Mari Nursing Wrap by Robyn Chachula allows mom to nurse in elegant privacy. A granny square border frames a curtain of linked stitches, which provides excellent coverage, and the cotton/linen blend yarn becomes softer each time it is laundered. For convenience, the wrap can be hooked over Mom's neck with the attached strap for feeding, or draped over a stroller to shield sleeping baby from the elements.

The Berry Baby Hat and Booties by Chloe Nightingale make great quick-crochet gifts. The hat is worked in single crochet and sized from preemie to adult, for grown-ups who enjoy embracing their inner whimsy. The booties are worked from the toe-up and the heel is shaped with deceptive ease, making these crocheted booties perfect for first-time footwear makers.

The Summer Blues Baby Dress by Ellen K. Gormley is an adorable girlie dress without being fussy. Stitches of differing height provide comfortable stretch through the skirt and minimal seaming makes this quick to crochet. This project will be a favorite both for the crocheter and the wearer.

Hope you enjoy crocheting for the babies in your life!

Comments

nee_nov wrote
on Apr 21, 2011 11:38 PM

I downloaded the 7 free baby patterns (CM_7FREEBABY_4.18.pdf) but its says damaged and could not be recovered. Is this problem with me only or is the file corrupted. Please upload it again.

cakelady7814 wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 5:44 AM

I can not even find the link to download these lovely patterns....am I missing something??

looseebee9 wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 6:25 AM

Click on the pix to get the download!

ballinruan wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 10:17 AM

I have tried to download these and am also getting response that file is damaged and cannot be repaired.  Please give more instructions on downloading or repairing file.  Thanks,

on Apr 22, 2011 10:44 AM

I have reloaded the file. Please let me know if that works. Thanks!

on Apr 22, 2011 12:00 PM

I just attempted to download and it gave me the following message 'Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.'

Can you please help me?

DebraK@9 wrote
on Apr 22, 2011 12:22 PM

I received the Granny Squares patterns instead! How do I get the beautiful baby patterns?

Lenore07407 wrote
on Jul 5, 2011 6:35 PM

I AM NOT SURE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME

My mother either crochet or knitted baby booties for me (which I can't find right now), they were, from what I remember, a base sole ad up over the ankles. However, the part that went around the ankles, were all made in 'loops' .  Mom told me she used a pencil to get the loops uniformed.  I have been looking on/off for years for this pattern.  I was born in1953, so, if it was a pattern, it had to be from the late 1940s - 1953 when she made them for me.

Any takers on the challenge of finding this pattern?

Lenore

linsch wrote
on Jan 30, 2012 9:21 PM

I am working on the Muklucks and I have having a hard time with this part (Rnd 1: (RS) Ch 1, beg Row 2 of even moss patt (see Stitch

Guide): work 7 sts in row-ends down edge of toe cap,

7 sts in bottom ridge lps of toe cap, 7 sts in row-ends

up opposite edge of toe cap, and in each ch, sl st in

first st to join, place marker (pm) in sl st to mark beg of

rnd, do not turn—44 (44, 48, 48) sts. and wondering if somone could clarify for me.

Bindoooo wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 3:34 PM

Hi,

I am working on "Anna Cardigan-design by Robyn Chachula" . starting with yoke, im  done with row 1, but not getting row 2 which tells 'work in vsp for 1 v-st'. but when i referred sticth guide for vsp it tells to chain 34.

Please explain

Bindoooo wrote
on Feb 20, 2012 3:37 PM

hi

on Feb 22, 2012 4:00 PM

Hi Bindoooo. The chain 34 and Row 1 refer only to the gauge swatch. When you begin the yoke you have already worked this section of the stitch pattern with your chain and Row 1. So when working Row 2 of the cardigan, work Row 2 of the vsp.

sandsa wrote
on Mar 21, 2012 3:27 PM

I would like to find an easy diaper cover up pattern,  and easy to crochet baby booties.

debicolwell wrote
on Dec 19, 2012 7:06 PM

Can someone help me with the pattern directions for Kathryn in Beauly Dress?  Which age does "Sizes 41 3/4" (44")" after Row 5 refer to?  I can't find these measurements on the schematic.