Tell Us What You're Rushing to Craft: Open Thread

Dec 16, 2010

Kids, I don't know if you've noticed, but it's winter.

Even though Hanukkah's come and gone, my family exchanges gifts when everyone's home during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Which means my plan for the weekend is to layer myself up in warm, comfortable clothing, set Netflix to play non-stop, and craft my hands off.

I'm still working on my lace shawl, and I started knitting a scarf for a friend (he may not get the scarf till long after the holidays, though), and I have it in my head to sew a bunch of small gifts for, well, for pretty much everyone. And I've been feverishly crocheting pet blankets to donate (more on those next month, hint hint), and I have it in my head to sew some too. We'll see if Netflix can keep up.

You'll be keeping me company, crafting your own hands off too, right? So share with me in the comments what you're making in this short stretch while the gift-giving clock ticks down. We'll all feel better knowing we're in good company, right?

Comments

on Dec 16, 2010 2:38 PM

As much as I have time for in between working. I have a doily going, an afghan, dishcloths, plus a few hats and mittens. While I too plan on having Netflix going.

Char55 wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 8:09 AM

Crocheted a couple of couch pillows for my daughter and son-in-law to match an afghan I previously made. Am finishing up on a matching afghan for one of their dogs (she likes to be covered with theirs on cold evenings, and this was the only way they could get theirs back from her! LOL!)

Hoping to make a pocket scarf in school colors for a nephew's daughter at college...don't know if it will be done in time for Christmas...maybe the New Year!

Sarah Read wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 10:24 AM

I have way more than I can finish by x-mas! Now it is a matter of deciding who gets theirs on time and who gets their late. :)

I think I can narrow it down to only one or two more projects, but they aren't small!

menwy wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 11:48 AM

A sweater for my husband. I can only work on it when he is not here, and it is going much slower than it should be! lol

on Dec 17, 2010 4:51 PM

If I had all the time I want, I'd crochet three more hats, three pairs of fingerless mitts each with a matching skinny scarf and a hat and scarf set for my husband. Hm.. will I get them all done anyway? I need one of those time-turner necklaces from Harry Potter!

Happy crafting to all!

Kitty

glorianne2 wrote
on Dec 17, 2010 7:13 PM

so I've gotten the hats done (one for my brother and one for my co-worker) and 1 of 2 scarves out of the way (for bro-in-laws)--I'll do the 2nd one on the plane.  I have one blanket for my sister-in-law and her husband finished (it was a quick giant granny square) and am working on the final blanket for my other brother-in-law and his family.  I restarted it 3 times finally resting on a striping shell pattern.  It looks awesome but I will be going at it til we leave for TX next week.  Not to mention a flower, headband or hat or two for my niece.