Weekend crochet

Sep 13, 2009

Today, I'm in the garden doing this:
IMG_0872

In the washer is a crocheted wool bag felting itself.

How about you? Do you have any crochet in your weekend?

Marcy

Filed under:

Comments

JoniB2009 wrote
on Sep 14, 2009 12:07 AM

Hi Marcy,

Yes I always have crochet in my weekends! Pretty much every day I have some crochet to do. It is the busy season coming up for me as I make a lot of hats, scarves and wristlets (fingerless gloves). These are popular in the colder weather and there are a lot of local sales in the area that I live and I sell at these sales every year. I love belonging to this site and I thank you for taking the time to create it or even just to participate in it. I don't understand what you mean by you have a crocheted wool bag felting itself in the washer? Are you making a purse or a beach or shopping bag that is felted? I haven't done any felting yet although I think I would like to try it? It seems to make a really nice purse and a friend of mine says that it is forgiving in little mistakes that you might see in other patterns that aren't felted? There are so many things that I want to make and just not enough hours to do it and especially with being on the computer so much lately? How do you find the time to do it?

Well take care and happy hooking to all who are reading this!

Joni :-)
www.joniscrochetcreations.artfire.com

www.jonicrochetcreations.etsy.com

Marcy Smith wrote
on Sep 14, 2009 11:02 AM
Hi Joni!
The felted bag will be part of the preview of the Fall issue. Stay tuned! Toni will be giving tips on felting as well.
Wow! Good question about time. I have no idea where the time comes from. Squishing. I will say my lovely husband is very wonderful about kid ferrying & household tasks--helps me squeeze out more time!
Happy crocheting!

Marcy

CapnHook wrote
on Sep 15, 2009 3:36 PM

I love that yarn; it looks ethereal--is it kidsilk haze? I am currently working up a number of lovely, lacy shawls and wraps in anticipation of the cooler weather. I tried my first felted project recently...I think I really need to read the up-coming tutorial!

cotyram68 wrote
on Sep 15, 2009 5:24 PM

hi, i knit every day, so for me it's always weekend crochet

Marcy Smith wrote
on Sep 16, 2009 4:09 PM

The yarn is LB Collection Lion Silk Mohair Yarn. Very light. Nice to crochet.

liveloveyarn wrote
on Apr 20, 2011 12:32 PM

Just taking a browse through some of the blog archives...this motif is gorgeous! I would love to know whatever became of it!