The Penultimate Motif

Dec 13, 2009

I'm on the second-to-last motif for the Moorish Mosaic Afghan:

IMG_5329

It's shaping up to be a beauty, isn't it?

I peeked at the card for the final motif. It changes color every round. A fun one to end on!

How are your motifs coming along?

Marcy

Comments

LeslyeB wrote
on Dec 13, 2009 1:19 PM

I would like the pattern for this. It is really beautiful. Thanks in advance. Leslye

Marcy Smith wrote
on Dec 13, 2009 1:32 PM
Hi Leslye,
It's a great pattern, isn't it?
The pattern is in the Fall issue of Interweave Crochet. This is still on the shelves in bookstores, craft shops and yarn shops, but will be heading out at the end of the month to make way for the new issue!
Best,

Marcy

JoniB2009 wrote
on Dec 13, 2009 3:28 PM

Hi Marcy,

This is a beautiful motif!! I don't understand the Interweave Crochet thing? It looks like you need to buy the publication to get any of their patterns? Is this true?

I would love this pattern and some others that are on Interweave Crochet as well but never have been successful?

Any tips for me?

Sinceely,

Joni :-)!

LeslyeB wrote
on Dec 13, 2009 4:22 PM

I too am disappointed that I have to buy the pattern. I thought the purpose of posting it in a blog was that it was free.

Marcy Smith wrote
on Dec 14, 2009 10:11 AM
Hi Joni,
This pattern is in the magazine that is currently on the shelves. It will be available in the online store in six months.
Hope that helps!

Marcy

Marcy Smith wrote
on Dec 14, 2009 10:21 AM
Hi Leslye,
The purpose of posting it on the blog is to show the project in progress, offering tips along the way to make your process easier. We often also show color options that expand your design potential. A few patterns are free, but most are in the magazine. The fall issue is actually chock-full of great patterns--I'd like to make many of them myself, if I could carve out more time! And it's a great bargain--you get 21 patterns for $7.99. When they move to the store, they will be, on average, $4.50 each. It's an even better bargain if you get a subscription: $21.95 for five issues, which means more than 100 patterns for about 22 cents each.
Best,

Marcy

LeslyeB wrote
on Dec 14, 2009 10:26 AM

I head Handmade Especially for You (www.handmadeespecially.org), a non-profit that knits and crochets comfort scarves for victims of domestic violence. I am always looking for free patterns to keep our scarf makers interested in continuing making scarves for us. I understand your goal is to sell magazines but our budget is severly limited (almost non-existent). We rely on donations, even of yarn, to keep our project going. Thanks for your response. I'll be on the lookout for your free patterns when they are available. Leslye PS In 2009 we distributed almost 6000 comfort scarves.

Marcy Smith wrote
on Dec 14, 2009 10:57 AM
Hey Leslye,
That sounds like an awesome charity. We'll have a free eBook of hat patterns coming out in late January--no scarf patterns planned at this time, though check out the blog here http://crochetme.com/blog/giving-thanks-scarf-pattern for a free scarf pattern (I'm currently doing this scarf in a medley of leftover yarns--lots of color!).
Look for the hat eBook on our new CrochetMe site (you'll get an email about how to register for this site). And we have a special project underway for this year that is all about charity. Sign up for our free enewsletter (brown bar on the right there) to keep up with the progress.
Best,

Marcy

CapnHook wrote
on Dec 21, 2009 12:17 PM

I really love the look of this, and the colors you chose are lovely and soothing. I don't usually do afghans, but this pattern is calling to me.

anasoares wrote
on Jan 15, 2010 4:16 AM
Hi
I am writing from Lisbon, Portugal. I can a get the issues of the magazine?
In the subscription on Internet it only appears EUA and Canada. Can't be subscribed by other foreign countries?
I really like this Moorish Mosaic Afghan pattern. How can I get the pattern?
Thanks

Ana

shayb wrote
on Jan 15, 2010 8:41 AM

Ana,

You can reach Subscription Services for Crochet Magazine at the following phone number or email:
1-760-291-1531