From the Front Lawn of the Editor

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 818
on Dec 23, 2005 1:53 PM

KimIt doesn't really feel like Fall anymore, does it? It's cold and dark, and we're spending more time at home than we do when the weather's warm and inviting. Now, not to worry. I'm not going to wax philosophical about quality family time and holidays. There's more than enough of that going around already.

All I'm gonna say is, sometimes it's nice to let things slow down a little. Master a new skill, brighten things up a little, and play. Or maybe dress up for no reason, or take a holiday, or just chill out.

That said, I admit that things are not slowing down around here at all. We finally have some beginner tutorials for all of you who want a hip new hobby, or have friends you've been itching to convert (or if you just want to join me in being jealous of the best manicure I've ever seen). We've actually added quite a few pages to the site; just click around for a while and be sure to let us know what you think. And since we know you've been wondering how you can help to spread the word about Crochet me, and are on schpilkes to help support this magazine, we compiled some info to help you out.

We've been traveling around some, too. In October I had the exciting opportunity to make my way to Burbank, CA for the Crochet Guild of America Regional Conference. I admit I was a bit apprehensive going into it, but my insecurities were immediately whisked away by the hoards of friendly people I met. One, in particular, happens to be this issue's main sponsor, Jennifer Hansen of Stitch Diva Studios. We had one of those, "Wait, I recognize your name!" moments at the conference, and shared a fantastically fun lunch. If you haven't seen Jennifer's designs yet -- and even if you're already a big fan -- hop on over to her site to see what she has cookin'. I guarantee that your imagination will be sparked right along with your keen sense of style. She has that effect on people.

I was also fortunate to make the acquaintance of another of the coolest crocheters I've ever met. Allow me to introduce Cecily Keim, who, in addition to writing an article for this issue, has also begun the tremendous endeavour to work up those fab beginner tutorials for the site. (It's her manicure that is so flippin' gorgeous.) She also had the superb idea to make her article interactive; be sure to check in on the thread on the Forum. You'll be hearing much more from her in the future. Her energy is boundless!

Well, will you look at that? I started out encouraging some R & R, and ended up talking about boundless energy. That would figure. So, if you find yourself in a bit of a frantic state, just channel that energy into your crochet. You'll end up feeling relaxed anyway, and you'll have a great time getting there.

Cheers,

Kim

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS