Editorial: Spring = Amigurumi

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 818
on Mar 14, 2006 10:07 PM

photo credit, Neil PiperIt's rare that I get obsessed with something. Well, it's rare for an obsession to last longer than a few days. My current obsession is going on six months. I think this might be when some people just start calling it a habit.

In the last year I did a huge amount of crocheting for work, to deadline. I ended up knitting in my free time. The last thing I wanted to do was pick up a hook when I didn't have to. Then I discovered amigurumi -- crocheted dolls in the most adorable and funky Japanese crafty fashion. Small, quick, instantly gratifying. Infinite possibilities. I wrote about it in my first Knit.1 column, and I bugged Crochet me designers about it. Really, I pretty much talk about it to anyone who will listen.

So you can imagine how jacked up I am about this issue's Amigurumi Special Feature. It's comprehensive, yo. There's tips, tutorials, photos, and a few patterns. Rock.

I think you'll enjoy the rest of our spring issue, too. We've got a how-to on crocheting button covers, Annette explores loops, and Anne tells us about going custom. Spring's all about fun accessories, frolicking, swatching, and... shrugging.

Our pilot* of the comments feature was a huge success; they're open throughout this issue and will soon be open site-wide. Share away!

Just to keep you on your toes, we're not publishing everything just yet. We've got a couple things up our sleeves just to keep you guessing. We admit it - we like toying with you.

Cheers,

Kim

PS When computer geeks invite people to play with their products to catch bugs, they call it beta testing. Once, before I became a computer geek, I was a grad student. When we tested new research study designs, we called it pilot testing. That I've been thinking of the comments as being piloted and not beta tested tells me I'm not quite as hardcore a computer geek as I once thought.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS