From A Hotel Room In Penticton, BC...

This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 818
on Sep 15, 2006 4:22 PM

Kim Werker. Photo credit: Pamela BethelPenticton, BC is about a 5-hour drive from Vancouver, and it's one of the most beautiful drives I've ever taken. We're here for a good friend's wedding, and we passed through rain, snow, fog, and bright sunshine to get here to enjoy the last bit of summer on Lake Okanagan. By the time we get home, autumn will be securing its footing, and I'll bring my sweaters and layers to the front of my closet in preparation for shorter, cooler, rainier days.  Fall is my favourite season, and this fall is a huge one for me, and for Crochet Me.

We're on the cusp of implementing some great upgrades to crochetme.com that will expand the interactivity and ease of use of the site. I'd been hoping to have them up and running by the launch of this issue, but have patience, dear readers, they're coming. In the meantime, I'm excited that we're using the site in a new way in this issue, by hosting a crochet-along for a pattern I hope you'll love as much as I do. Amy O'Neill Houck designed a top-down raglan sweater pattern that can be adapted to any yarn and any size, and she's hosting the crochet-along herself. So, what's taking you so long? Go join up!

And speaking of joining up, I can't wait to hit the road in two weeks! Eeee! I'm going with Shannon Okey (the Knitgrrl herself), and we might just be coming to a town near you. Wanna say hi? I'd love to say hi back atcha! Here's our schedule, which will be updated over the next few weeks.

CIBC Run For The CureYou'll notice the first event on our tour is to join up with Team Knitty to participate in the CIBC Run For The Cure in Toronto. Our goal is to join fiber forces to raise $10,000 for *** cancer research and prevention. I'd ask you to raise your hand if you don't know someone whose life has been affected by *** cancer, but I have a sinking feeling very few of you would respond. Plus, I can't see you. But I can tell you that if you're reading this and you were to donate just a buck to help us reach our goal, the readers of Crochet Me alone could more than surpass our goal. Just sayin'. Think of how it might feel to join thousands of women in support of an important cause. Swipe the button, add it to your blog, and help spread the word.

Now, go enjoy fall. Patterns are here; features are here. I hear your hooks calling.

Cheers,

Kim, Ed. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS