The Magic Adjustable Ring: A Better Way to Begin Crochet in the Round

This post has 94 Replies | 45 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Tinker183123 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 6:44 AM

I've been crocheting since I was old enough to hold a hook, but I have a reading and comprehending problem and find it hard to follow written pattern instructions.  The fact that your site has pictures helps tremendously!  Also, is there anywhere I can go to get definitions for all the abreveations in the instructions?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Tinker183123 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 6:44 AM

I've been crocheting since I was old enough to hold a hook, but I have a reading and comprehending problem and find it hard to follow written pattern instructions.  The fact that your site has pictures helps tremendously!  Also, is there anywhere I can go to get definitions for all the abreveations in the instructions?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
catfun wrote
on Oct 19, 2012 6:03 PM

Thank you so much for sharing this information and with pictures. I have been struggling with a flower pattern for a few days not getting it to work out, but now with your how to of the magic adjustable ring I have completed my first pull flower. Thank you! Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 8
bblack4jc wrote
on Nov 4, 2012 5:35 PM

Thank you so much. I've seen this mentioned in some patterns but they never showed how to actually make the ring. So cool.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Deatlebug wrote
on Nov 13, 2012 12:10 PM

Thank you for all the good information.  This is such a big help.  I' m new to your site

but it will not be my last.  I have enjoyed every thing I have found on here.

Dee Dee Shaver (Deatlebug)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Deatlebug wrote
on Nov 13, 2012 12:10 PM

Thank you for all the good information.  This is such a big help.  I' m new to your site

but it will not be my last.  I have enjoyed every thing I have found on here.

Dee Dee Shaver (Deatlebug)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
dian.749 wrote
on Nov 15, 2012 8:33 AM

I've been making doilies since I was 16 (40+ yrs) but could not get the center to look as 'together' as I would like. I had seen the Magic Adjustable Ring on other sites but nothing compares to your pictorial. Thank you, thank you for making this so easy to learn. . Love your site... I am sure I will be here often.

Dian

Not Ranked
Posts 2
DraginMom wrote
on Nov 16, 2012 2:25 PM

For definations / abbreviations go to: http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/crochet.html 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Tammy Stoudt wrote
on Nov 24, 2012 1:04 AM

I know this is an old thread- I hope you guys still keep an eye on it! :) I have a problem with the adjustable ring constantly opening back up on me... is there a way to secure it once I have pulled it to the size I prefer? The project I'm doing now requires several polka-dots and the center of them needs to be -well- nonexistent. lol any help or hints would be great, thanks!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Nov 25, 2012 8:28 AM

Close up the hole to the size you want it, then weave the end in once and then again back over itself.  Make sure the 2nd weave goes in one thread different from where the 1st came out or you'll pull out your first weave.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
nanadeedee wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 9:02 AM

I just discovered this site. Have tried and tried to learn to crochet, can't get my fingers to work the right way. This looks like a very informative way to get started, going to bookmark this site so I can come back to it when I have more time and work on my beginning stitches!!! Hopefully I can finally learn this.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mtierson wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 12:03 PM

Simply the easiest way I have found to make an adjustable ring.Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jcragas wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 11:44 AM

I just joined so that I could tell you I'm dancing in circles because I can finally make a closed round!!!  I'm to excited.  Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
matthew756 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 1:02 PM

Are there left handed instructions/pictures?  I'm having a hard time figuring it out because I have to do it backwards, from the instructions.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
janemade wrote
on Mar 14, 2013 12:02 PM

I have been crocheting for over 50 years and this is a truly an amazing technique. I started doing amigurumi last year and learned this. I've used it on all types of yarn and thread ever since and it is magic.

Happy Crocheting, Jane

Page 6 of 7 (95 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next > | RSS