Tall Latte from “Everyday crochet” by Doris Chan

This post has 22 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
WhiteBear08 wrote
on Mar 22, 2008 4:06 PM

Last week was spring break for me and I took the time off from school to finish this sweater (I'm working on getting pictures up - my camera doesn't seem to want to cooperate with my computer) I love the way it turned out. The ribbing around the neck and sleeves finishes it off nicely. Also, the shells give the sweater a nice texture and just enough stretchiness. The sleeves are long enough to be warm without being in the way, this is a great sweater for spring.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 401
teresa@106 wrote
on Mar 23, 2008 9:33 AM

Yay for you! What kind of yarn did you use? what color? I hope you'll get pictures up!

I think Tall Latte might be my next target.

Cheers!

Teresa

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 401
teresa@106 wrote
on Mar 24, 2008 9:46 AM

How are things going?!? I just started Haru, which begins the same as Tall Latte, and started a new topic for it.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 25
Klass123 wrote
on Mar 24, 2008 4:37 PM
My sweater turned out to be off the gauge--it is too big for me, so I'm starting over. I'll do size 33 probably and change the hook to 6 or 5,5 mm. I don't like worsted weight at this gauge--it is too bulky.

What yarn weight did you use?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 30
WhiteBear08 wrote
on Mar 26, 2008 5:31 PM

Yay, my electronics want to work together again!

So, pictures...

Sweater1

sweater3

(Isn't it so much fun doing the "I'm taking pictures of myself so they're at a weird angle" thing?)

And now for the project details.

The yarn is knitpicks worsted weight wool, I used an I/9 hook for the shoulders/bust and then an H/8 hook for the body, sleeves, and edging. Size 39 pattern.

For those of you following my sweater progress, I have completely abandoned the purple version which was horribly too large. I made both the same way, in the same size, but their gages were incredibly different. I'm glad that this version turned out right.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Mar 26, 2008 7:45 PM

I like your color combo.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 401
teresa@106 wrote
on Mar 27, 2008 9:05 AM

OOOH! Thanks for pictures! Not bad for holding it in your own hand! I try doing it with the self-timer but it always takes about 4 shots even to get myself into the frame. Thanks for sharing your yarn details; I have thought of trying that yarn, and it looks great in your sweater.

About sizing -- blocking and wearing these sweaters they tend to lengthen and they can "skinny" a little because the stitch pattern is so flexible and mobile. I'm now making no. 4 and I've done size 36 (Jewel), 42 (No Sweat), 40 (Cinnabar), and 39 (Haru, in progress) and they all fit but in different ways. Wet-blocking made a huge difference in how good they look; it makes my stitches look much more even than they actually are!

I'm rockin' along with Haru, which is basically the same as Tall Latte except that the front is open. I CAN'T forget to turn my work with each round, since I get to the front edge and there's nowhere else to go! (Making No Sweat and Jewel, I sometimes forgot to turn my work, and it makes a subtle but visible change in the look of the rows).

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Oct 28, 2013 4:19 PM

I would like to see the pictures of your sweater front and back if possible.  I am just getting ready to start it

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS