How to read patterns...

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
nathanikka wrote
on Dec 16, 2008 11:02 AM

I learned how to crochet by watching someone and have only been able to understand and follow one pattern since I started crocheting over 5 years ago. I have made blankets/afghans, scarfs, hats, slippers, etc, but, only from memory and would love some advice on how to read and make something from a pattern. Is there any advice that you all can give me, please... There are so many nice things that I would love to do, I just cannot understand what it says on the pattern or if I do, I have no idea what the stitch is.

Thanks for your advice!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
LauraH@11 wrote
on Dec 16, 2008 8:07 PM
Hi! The website below should be able to help you to understand the crochet stitches and reading a pattern. Also, buy The Crochet Answer Book by Edie Eckman from your local book store or Amazon.com. I think it's a good resource to have on hand and yes even we experienced crocheters need assistance sometimes. I started knitting and crocheting over 35 years ago and had to teach myself by reading books and practicing. Good luck, wish I could sit next to you and help. Let me know if this works out for you.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Howtos/Crochet+Made+Easy+-+video+lessons.htm

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS