Yarn Bee

This post has 13 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 241
CapnHook wrote
on Sep 16, 2008 6:29 PM

Has anyone heard of the yarn brand Yarn Bee? We have it here through Hobby Lobby (like a Michaels). I love their yarns- they have fantastic textures. But what the heck can you use it for? Is there a book or a collection of patterns that anyone knows of? Or is there a way to find out what you can use it in place of in another pattern?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Oct 6, 2008 12:08 AM

I'm usually not a stickler to the yarn a particular pattern calls for... most often I find a yarn I love and just wing it.

What weight is your Yarn Bee yarn? Start there and find a pattern you like using that particular weight. A test swatch is a must, of course. It sometimes takes me a couple tries with different hooks to get my guage for a pattern, but I am always delighted with the results.

Best of luck!

The most important thing is to create. - Picasso

The most important thing is to create. - Picasso

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Patch326 wrote
on Apr 3, 2009 6:29 PM
I enjoy crocheting with Yarn Bee but can't find it anymore.

I am looking for Aurora, the color is Pearl Dawn. If you see it, please let me know where!! Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
melindamann wrote
on Mar 27, 2011 2:24 PM

I see that this is a really old post, but I just found it when I was looking for online sources for Yarn Bee.

I absolutely LOVE Yarn Bee! I have to wait for it to go on sale because they're a bit pricey. And the only place I've found to buy it is Hobby Lobby. Any time you're using a pattern, you can use other yarn than what's called for. It helps to get a similar weight and then use the gauge to find the right hook size.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
shglenn wrote
on May 5, 2011 4:05 PM

I love this yarn.  I found it at Hobby Lobby and I use it when a pattern calls for homespun yarn.  It works up better than homespun.

CapnHook:

Has anyone heard of the yarn brand Yarn Bee? We have it here through Hobby Lobby (like a Michaels). I love their yarns- they have fantastic textures. But what the heck can you use it for? Is there a book or a collection of patterns that anyone knows of? Or is there a way to find out what you can use it in place of in another pattern?

I love this yarn.  I found it at Hobby Lobby and I use it when a pattern calls for Homespun yarn.  It works up better than Homespun

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lexsmom wrote
on Aug 12, 2011 3:08 PM

Yes, it is actually the Hobby Lobby's own brand of yarn. Like Walmarts brand name is Equate or Sams Choice, this is Hobby Lobbys brand of yarn, and yes it is fantastic. If you find it a bit thin, try holding 2 strands together to make a larger gage. It seems to be working great for me. I get all the softness I want and the gage that some patterns call for in a larger stand.:D]

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MaryBiehl wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 12:10 PM

I make scarves and cowls with it.  The yarn is so incredibly soft, it feels wonderful against your face and neck.  I make and sell them and people are in love with this yarn.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
MaryBiehl wrote
on Oct 5, 2011 12:13 PM

I didn't realize it was Hobby Lobby's own brand.  No wonder I couldn't find a website for it like Lion Brand has.  I love this yarn!  It is just so incredibly soft.  I wish it weren't so expensive but I still splurge and use it.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
aeon jiminy wrote
on Dec 19, 2011 11:00 AM

sounds like fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Jan 12, 2012 12:28 PM

I recently bought some Yarn Bee called Finale, the colorway is Aria.  It is a thick and thin yarn. I'm knitting a wide scarf on size 15 needles, and love the way it coming together. It is very nubby. I'm knitting every row.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
glorygirl wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:51 AM

Inside the label is a pattern for a ruffle scarf. That's about all you can use it for.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lac nurse wrote
on Aug 15, 2013 3:08 AM

Oh no! It's a beautiful yarn. I made one of Kelly Kearney,s newborn sweater. I actually adorned it with a picot stitch on the neck and sleeves. I used the color Dawn. It looks like an expensive bought item and I'm only a crochet advance beginner. I used Yolanda Soto Lopez tutorial on YouTube for guidance. It's was an amazing gift for new baby. Just buy one skein per week with the weekly coupons. One sweater and bonnet used up one and a half skeins.

Diana

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ankitmalik wrote
on Jan 4, 2014 6:03 AM

Yes, my sister has used this yarn once time for making my sweater, my aunt has gifted this yarn to my sister. It is just fabulous, so soft texture, love it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
gingerdale wrote
on Jul 4, 2014 8:56 AM

Lovely yarn, I would use it for any pattern for 4 ounce yarn.  Just remember to do your swatch to check and possibly adjust the gauge.   A few years ago I switched from Caron Simply Soft to Yarn Bee Soft Secret; I liked the sheen and the ease of keeping a smooth tension.  I do several large afghans each year,  and while it is expensive, I like to use a pleasant yarn.  Unfortunately I believe the only source is Hobby Lobby, and after their appeal to the Supreme Court to recognize their 'religious opinions', (religion and religious opinions being something I associate with an individual, not a commercial enterprise) I can't give them my business anymore.  Will go back to Caron Simply Soft unless I find something I like better.  :(  Have already had to make counter-proposals to two requestors for afghans; gave them CSS swatches and hope they say yes.  We'll see.

Anyway, if you DO decide to go with the Yarn Bee and Hobby Lobby, I think you will probably be quite pleased with the finished product.

Ginger

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS