Interweave Crochet--your thoughts

This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 57
on May 17, 2008 12:01 PM

I have yet to obtain an issue of Interweave Crochet and have been VERY curious about it. For those who subscribe to it or have a couple stashed away in their project bag: what do you think of it? Do they have a lot of patterns you like and would actually crochet? Is the layout, feel, and overall appearance very similar to Interweave Knits? About how many projects do they have per issue? Do they have easy-to-follow instructions?

Rebekah

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 114
DevonP wrote
on May 17, 2008 11:23 PM

I LOVE this magazine and ordered my subscription as soon as they had subscriptions available! There are a lot of unique and creqative patterns, and plenty that I want to make. I would say there are maybe more for intermediate to expereinced crocheters, but I am always impressed with the creative techniques. There are good articles too. The most recent issue features a tunic, crocheted socks, a delicate scarf, a vest-type top, a lace belt, a cardi-vest, baby dress and hat, mobius wrap, stole, skirt, "china doll" top, babydoll style dress, purse, geometry dress, cardiganshort-sleeved top, hat, ascot, and blanket. The directions are usually pretty good (I have gotten stuck b/c of some mistakes that were corrected on the web site), and they include stitch diagrams which I find really helpful. I'm not a knitter so I don't know how it compares to Interweave Knits.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 241
CapnHook wrote
on Oct 20, 2008 8:24 PM

This is absolutely my favorite crochet magazine. I subscribe to a couple, and a few others I browse before I buy at my craft store, but this one had me absolutely hooked (ha!), and I consider it indispensable. It gives great tutorials and insider tips, and I love the feature articles on professional designers and crochet/yarn afficianados and artists. And the patterns---yum! Great range and meets diverse tastes. Highly recommend it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,479
PaulineL wrote
on Oct 21, 2008 12:13 PM

I'm a subscriber because I love the magazine. When it comes to the projects, I'm more a drooler than a doer; I know I'm unlikely to stick with a larger, sweater-sized project. But I looooove to see the pictures.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
on Jul 2, 2009 7:34 PM

I thumb through it when I see it in the mag section of the bookstore. However, I do not subscribe to it mainly because of the complexity of the patterns.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 42
on Jul 3, 2009 12:10 PM

I found Interweave Crochet magazine whilst browsing on a yarn website. I viewed the patterns on the Interweave Crochet website, before I actually subscribed.

You can't get crochet magazines in the U.K. I have never seen any in the yarn shops except for a few pattern books from Patons & Sirdar and neither have I seen any in newsagents. For this reason, only, I decided to subscribe.

Only a few months ago, a crochet magazine called Inside Crochet, the first crochet magazine in the U.K. was what this magazine said in the first issue. I bought the 2nd issue a couple of weeks ago. I have not crocheted anything from them yet, but will, I am sure, very soon!

I have made several crocheted clothing items many years ago, mainly baby clothes, and recently scarves, crocheted jewellery, and a shrug that I recently made and gave to a work colleague for her birthday last week. I have also just finished a three coloured lacy crocheted jacket, the pattern I got free whilst browsing the tahkistacycharles website, after reading Interweave Crochet magazine. I crocheted this jacket in a small size, as I wanted to see how I got on with it. This is my first three coloured lacy crocheted jacket and I am very pleased with the finishing result.

I will post a photo of this garment very soon.

Lilian Geraldine Guyers

Skelm West Lancs

UK

Lilian Geraldine Guyers
Skelm West Lancs

UK

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS