What are your other hobbies?

This post has 28 Replies | 16 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 531
Char55 wrote
on May 1, 2011 5:58 PM

Are you trying to learn with a tatting shuttle? Have you tried needle tatting? It's a little like crochet. There are some easy to learn kits out there.

www.Joann.com has one on this link:

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd45842

Not Ranked
Posts 7
crochetgal2 wrote
on May 3, 2011 2:01 PM

Crocheting keeps me busy when I'm not at the racetrack and drag racing my car. Its a real thrill to be able to drive as fast as you want to without getting stopped for a ticket!

http://crochetgal.etsy.com - beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Not Ranked
Posts 1
guille1221 wrote
on May 23, 2011 8:27 AM

good for you honey

Not Ranked
Posts 2
traceyb0504 wrote
on May 23, 2011 4:11 PM

I don't really do a lot of other crafts. I think DH would go crazy if I bought more stuff for projects, so I stick with Crochet.  I do however, love to read and do puzzles.  I also play golf in the summer, and I just started Roller Derby. 

Not Ranked
Posts 11
monaliza2 wrote
on Jun 25, 2011 5:54 AM

playing tennis

Travelling

fishing

Creative Indian embroidery designs

Not Ranked
Posts 1
sally_libby wrote
on Jun 26, 2011 9:43 AM

I like to Knit, Weave, and Spin as well as Crochet. I also can and Cook. I have six dogs, so I guess you could say into dogs as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
monaliza2 wrote
on Jun 30, 2011 6:44 AM

I forgot to say that I  love  embroidery also Smile

Arabic embroidery designs

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 125
cheriedurbin wrote
on Jul 3, 2011 4:08 PM

I like to read, write, cross stitch and I'm slowly learning to knit.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
SheynaLew wrote
on Feb 5, 2012 7:48 AM

I love knitting as well. I re-taught myself to do that a few years ago and once I'd got that I taught myself to crochet. Loyal as I am to knitting I have to say crochet's probably my favourite.
I'm also mad about cooking, though as that's technically my job I don't know if it qualifies as a hobby. I love writing too so I'm working on creating a Vegetarian social networking site that I can write recipes and articles for. Reading too.

And in a slightly geekier vein, I love video games (PC and Xbox). Don't have time to do that much now unfortunately. Ooh and learning languages. Would like to learn to sew at some point as well as I feel I've got the hang of crocheting. Plus being able to sew a little more professionally would give me something else to put in my Etsy shop.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Joyce777 wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 8:33 AM

Loom Knitting, Knitting, Scrapbooking, making cards, Writing.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
rosiepea wrote
on Jan 19, 2013 3:16 PM

I enjoy hiking and backpacking, and completed just over 1000 miles of the Appalachian Trail in 2009 before being sidelined by an injury.  I love to read and always have a book going.  I enjoy gardening (free food!!!) and cooking and baking.  I have mad bread making skillz!  ;)  Back in the 80s I learned to weave and spin and sure do wish I still had a loom, but I sold it when the baby was born because we needed the room.  She's grown and on her own now, so getting back into that would be wonderful.  Also enjoy beading and just working with crystals in general.  I'm an incurable rockhound.  And today I had my first knitting lesson.  Guess I'll be on youtube learning more about that for a while.  And while I'm totally the skipped generation, I like to dabble with paints every now and then.  I'm much better with computer art and that's how I made my living for a long time.  I'm learning how to draw, but I don't do it very well and find it more frustrating than anything else.  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
janno2 wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 3:36 AM

I like sport such as soccer and like to watch movies.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
nevinss wrote
on Jan 10, 2014 7:31 PM

Hello. I like all diffrent kinds of needlework. My mother and Aunt's put together me a sewing box. Differnt types of needle work, embroidery, needle tatting, cross stich, sewing. What caught my attention was the way you hold your hook, French or contienential technique. That is the way I hold my hook, often asked why but never knew. I do needle tatting, my grandmother was really good at it. I have tried shuttle tatting, not much luck. Have two questions,  How do you convert shuttle tatting patterns to needle tatting. I have alot of old books, articles with patterns from the 20's, 30.s, 50.s s? How do I give credit? Some say who designed  alot do not. 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Coops202 wrote
on Apr 15, 2014 6:33 AM

In addition to being an exremely novice crocheter, tI'm a novice knitter and a novice ukulele player. I guess I try to keep myself busy and learn new things. Perhaps I should just get good at one thing though. I also am an avid basketball and rugby player and coach both sports too.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS