Manchester NH: Looking for a Crochet & Knitting Group

This post has 13 Replies | 9 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sandie27 wrote
on Feb 6, 2010 2:25 PM

Hi,

I am looking for a group of woman in Manchester,NH that get together to crochet, knit and are willing to teach a beginner.

My skill is limited to only the chain stitch in crocheting.  Not able to read a pattern.  And I am a visual learner.

If you are interested in either having another member or start a group.  Please contact me.

Sandie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
loveylou wrote
on Feb 7, 2010 6:12 AM

Hi Sandie,

I also live in Manchester

I am not aware of any exisiting knitting/crochet groups, but would be interested in attending new group if started

Lovelou

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sandie27 wrote
on Feb 7, 2010 4:07 PM

Hi Lovelou,

Happy to receive your response!  Do you know how to crochet or knit?  If not we need to have someone that knows how to so they can teach us.  I only know how to chain stitch in crochet, and I can't read a pattern.  My problem is I learn by watching then I can be taught how to read a pattern.  If you know of any woman/ men that know how to crochet or knit and would like to join.  It would be great if we could get a group of fun woman. Would like to hear what you think.

Sandie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MegMakesHats wrote
on Jun 6, 2010 1:24 PM

Hello Ladies!

I am also looking for a crochet group to get to-gather with. I know this post is a few months old, but maybe you ladies have already set up a group? if not maybe found a different one in the Manchester area? I am also a beginner crocheter i taught myself how to make hats scarfs gloves and little animals via "you tube" over the last year i've bought a few crochet books but i dont know how to read them and i get really frustrated trying to figure out the complicated stitches sooo i would also like someone with experience who might be willing to help me out! 

In order to find this blog i googled " crochet groups in Manchester" and this is what came up, in order to post on this blog i had to become a member of crochet me.com. so i dont really know how to use the site please feel free to email me at ilovebookstotheextreme@gmail.com if there is a group in manch, or if there isnt, but you or anyone would still like to be a part of a crochet/knit group. Thanks!

Meg

a.k.a. MegMakesHats

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
Diane G. wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 5:19 PM

Hi Meg, my name is Diane and I live in Chester N.H.

What crochet projects are you working on ?

Did you know that there is going to be a Knit and Crochet Show in Manchester July 7th to the 10th.at the Radisson Hotel at the Center of New Hampshire ?That's down town of Elm street.

I will be going and I am taking a class given by Lily Chin. 

thanks Diane G.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sandie27 wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 6:30 PM

Hi Meg,

I am also a newbie when it comes to crocheting. All I do is one stitch which is the chain stitch.  Where do you live?  I have a friend that said she would be will to teach crochet, on Saturday's.  We did speak awhile ago about getting together to do it.  So I need to speak to her about it.  She is very talented, doesn't need patterns, makes everything, and creatures and animals.  I am located in Manchester, North East side.

Sandie

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Sandie27 wrote
on Jun 18, 2010 6:30 PM

Hi Meg,

I am also a newbie when it comes to crocheting. All I do is one stitch which is the chain stitch.  Where do you live?  I have a friend that said she would be will to teach crochet, on Saturday's.  We did speak awhile ago about getting together to do it.  So I need to speak to her about it.  She is very talented, doesn't need patterns, makes everything, and creatures and animals.  I am located in Manchester, North East side.

Sandie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rozegel wrote
on Jul 15, 2010 8:47 AM

Hello other knitters/crocheters in NH:  I posted this on Craigs List but thought you might be interested in some free yarn!!

FREE YARN

Saturday July 24th from 8am to 1pm - Thousands of pounds of different kinds of yarn available for FREE!  We are a local manufacturer of Yarn and have an out building full of obsolete yarns that are great for crocheting, knitting, crafting, etc.  All Yarn is on cones and weigh from 1 to 10lbs each.  Variety of colors, textures, and types of fibers!  Yarns vary from 400 yards per pound to 1,800 yards per pound.  You are welcome to take as much as you can use for your personal use.  Non-profits, schools, churches, knitting groups, etc are all welcome! 

We are located between Hooksett and Concord.

Perfect Fit Industries

25 Canal Street

Suncook (Allenstown), NH 03275

Weather permitting we will have cases outside for people to make selections from.  If rain is expected a different rain date will be announced! Bring your own bags or just put right into your vehicle!  If you have any questions email me at r_gelinas@perfectfitindustries.com

Not Ranked
Posts 4
cotecote wrote
on Aug 27, 2010 5:11 AM

Hi Ladies!!

I noticed that a few of you are looking for a knit/crochet group to join. The Candia Community Women's Club has started a charity project to knit, crochet and sew caps, scarves and lapblankets for local cancer centers. We meet once a month at the Smyth Public Library in Candia from 7-9  to drop off items we have made and enjoy each others company for a few hours. We have a few snacks, share patterns and teach anyone that is interested in helping with our project.

Please visit our website and please contact me if you are interested in learning for such a great cause! www.candiawomansgroup.org

Thanks,

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 1
fofa wrote
on Dec 1, 2010 6:56 PM

Hi Ladies, 
I'm new in crochet, and I really want to take course in this . So do you suggest somewhere to go ?

Thanks, 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
cotecote wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 5:19 AM

I think you can take classes at AC Moore or other yarn shops. If you are interested in our group please check out our website as we do teach volunteers to make items that we work on for different organizations. It is a great group of ladies!

www.candiawomansgroup.org

Not Ranked
Posts 2
HarrietFC wrote
on Nov 15, 2011 6:46 PM

If anyone here is still looking for a crochet & knitting group in Manchester I am in one.

We meet the 2nd & 4th Thursdays (except on holidays) from 10 AM to Noon at:

St. Paul's United Methodist Church

335 Smyth Rd

Manchester, NH 03104

Our group has about 15 women and we make afghans, baby hats, etc for charity besides teaching others to knit and crochet.  We are called SAK (Simple Acts of Kindness)

If you are interested and want more information you can contact me.

Harriet Cutler

e-mail: harrietcutler@msn.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MamaJonny wrote
on May 12, 2013 11:14 AM

Hi,

I am also looking for a group of women in Manchester, NH who meet to crochet & knit and support others in the craft(s).  My skills are intermediate but I

am able to read patterns.  Have you found a group or started one? I am unable to find anything in Manchester or close enough to make it a realistic goal.

Thank you!

Jonny

Not Ranked
Posts 2
HarrietFC wrote
on May 12, 2013 12:49 PM

Hi Jonny.

I have a group that is open to all.  We meet the 2nd & 4th Thursday's of the month at St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 335 Smyth Rd in Manchester from 10 AM to NOON in Fellowship Hall (side entrance of church).  The name of our group is SAK (Simple Acts of Kindness).  We make items for local hospitals etc.

If you are interested in joining us please send me a private e-mail.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Harriet

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS