How to download free patterns

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 4
PatriciaT@8 wrote
on Feb 21, 2010 12:37 PM

There are a number of free patterns on this site that I really like.  However, none have the option to download. (see Women's Boucle sweater)  It is very cumbersome to copy the entire page and then paste it on a word document; i.e. a lot of editing.  The other option is to print the pages(s) which wastes tons of paper and ink. 

How do I download the free patterns so I can store them on my computer and print out as needed?

Thanks for your help. 

wrote
on Feb 21, 2010 12:52 PM

You can save the page as html.  It's a bit different between browsers, but find the "save as" and choose complete website.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
PatriciaT@8 wrote
on Feb 21, 2010 3:44 PM

That seemed to work just great.  However, I do have a few questions and hope your don't think their too dumb:

1.  When I open that document, I don't have to be on line at the web site, right?  I mean it will open on my computer like any .doc or .pdf file.  . It looks exactly like the web page so I wasn't sure if it was the web page or a copy of the web page on my computer.

2.  Will there be any problem saving it on a jump drive?  I have a laptop computer that I take on trips and like to have the pattern on a jump drive.  Then I can look at it pattern without having to be connected to anything or without killing too many trees.  . 

This is a super response to my question and I'm so excited about it I could just about dance around!  How fun!  and thanks so much for taking the time to answer it.  The Crochet Community is just great!

Pat

wrote
on Feb 21, 2010 3:52 PM

If you look at the address field on top, you see that the adress points to the place on you computer. So no - it doesn't check for the address online, it just reads your copy.

You can save it to any drive you want, just like an ordinary file. Keep in mind that you have more than one file though, there's  a library with the same namn that contains the pictures.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
tamelask wrote
on Dec 7, 2010 8:46 PM

that is wonderful advice!  I've been doing screen snaps (sometimes more than one) for pages that you couldn't download but this is much easier!  Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS