My favourite crochet books

This post has 22 Replies | 11 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 10
teonaaa3 wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 2:50 AM

It was My 12th birthday when my aunt gave me an old book about crocheting and from there I was poisoned about it Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Stellaheresa wrote
on Nov 30, 2012 7:11 PM

My daughter crochets and I want her to make me a hoodie, but she isn't sure how to make one my size.\

click here to investigate

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Feb 14, 2013 12:26 PM

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I was looking for books on Amazon and then read you post. Somehow the library slipped my mind. I am just learning and don't want to buy a book unless I know it's good and helpful. I looked in the catalog and they have some great books available. I am going today.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Feb 16, 2013 10:23 AM

Right now, I'm loving Crochet Celebrity Slouchy Beanies For The Family by Lisa Gentry; it was the first crochet book that I actually bought! Another favorite is Not Your Mama's Crochet which I borrowed from the library. It used really simple terms and gave instructions for both wet and steam blocking as well as how to use color. I recommend it for everyone, whether crocheting your first dishcloth or your hundreth sweater. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LizzieDee wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 4:20 AM

Can anybody suggest a crochet pattern book similar in style/format to The Knitters Handy  Book of Sweater Patterns please?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 88
DonnaP wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 8:56 AM

I'm not familiar with the knitting book, but I love "Everyday Crochet" by Doris Chan. It has pullovers, cardigans, vests, tank tops and coats. Each pattern has variations and includes ways to alter it for personalizing.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LizzieDee wrote
on Feb 27, 2013 12:03 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not quite what I'm after.  I'm really looking for more standard shape garments - basic designs in multiple sizes and gauges.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Jed12 wrote
on Jul 2, 2013 2:44 PM

Nice site Cathy, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS