The Official Autumn Romance Pullover Crochet-Along

This post has 22 Replies | 7 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
AnnetteL@5 wrote
on Jul 6, 2010 6:20 AM

Thanks for pointing that out about my armholes...I've been in such a hurry to finish , I can't remember if I did work that right, I have to definately check that...thanks for the tip on the less-scoopy neck...when I get to that point, I'll let you know if I need help, thanks again, Annette

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 426
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jul 12, 2010 2:14 PM

OK, so I was heading outside to soak the sweater and initiate the blocking process. And on the way I met this:

That, my friends, is a copperhead. Part of him was stretched across the step I was about to step on. I backed down the stairs. I snapped this picture, then left him to do his thing. (Copperheads do not like to be told what to do.)

Kind of freaked me out. I'll look into blocking tomorrow.

I hope your sweaters are coming along snake-free.

Marcy

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
mandyangela wrote
on Jul 13, 2010 2:21 PM

Oh my!!  I hope he didn't bother you too much!!

mandyangela

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 426
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jul 17, 2010 11:09 AM

Hi mandyangela!

I didn't bother him & he didn't bother me. All good. I would be happier, though, if he decided to live in someone else's back yard.

Here's my sweater, sunning itself poolside in Colorado:

It's all dry and I've sewn the shoulder seams. My plan is to stay out of the heat today and do some more seaming. Must go score some pins first, though.

Can't wait to see your sweater!

Marcy

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 426
Marcy Smith wrote
on Aug 10, 2010 11:17 PM

Done! So sorry for the delay in getting this picture up! I actually finished this while I was in Colorado last month, but it took me this long to find someone else with a camera to take a picture!

I love how this turned out. The body and sleeves lengthened in the blocking, as will happen with alpaca. The camera is highlighting some of the colors, creating a bit of zigzag that is not evident in the wearing.

I think this will be my go-to pullover when the temperatures cool (it will be come cooler someday, yes?)

Can't wait to see your sweaters!
Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 5
kakmeehan wrote
on Aug 15, 2010 7:27 PM

Pretty!  I can't wait to finish mine.  It got put aside so I could work on a KAL.  I am a very slow knitter so I can't work on much else while I am doing that.  But I hear my hook calling me!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Dec 6, 2011 3:37 AM

I recently crocheted a flag afghan for a friend and it is reversable by crocheting over the carried yarn.
Pure Life Cleanse

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jhonleon4877 wrote
on Jun 30, 2012 12:20 AM

Hi, Marcy i agree with you its so pretty and colour is also very good my workers also busy in making some good patterns and shapes as well.I have no words how i can tell you the prettiness of this !!!!!!!! but great and never seen before ..vochtbestrijding

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous  1 2 | RSS