crocheting

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
laulee wrote
on Jul 26, 2010 10:06 AM

Hi there, can anyone tell me how to crochet and where I can learn the easy way if there is an easy way to learn to crochet. Thanks  Which web sites to go to or which books/pamphlets to read

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,221
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Jul 26, 2010 1:04 PM

I am a visual learner so videos are great. Check out Kim Werker in this Crochet 101 video. You can also check out the glossary for stitches and illustrations. And if you need hands on help check to see if there is a yarn store in your area. Many are happy to help you get started.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 119
jli2 wrote
on Jul 26, 2010 2:35 PM

Nexstitch offers some really great videos on how to crochet various stitches, from basic to fancy. 

I learned from my mom when I was a little girl, so when I started again about a year ago, I just took to the internet and would do Google searches for the various stitches I was wanting to learn. 

Toni's suggestion of finding a local yarn shop is a great idea. The shop in my town is very helpful. They'll pick up a ball of yarn and a hook and demonstrate the stitch for me, then hand it over and have me do it as well. 

This website is also great, too. The forums are a super place to ask questions when you don't understand a pattern or how to make a particular stitch. Just ask away...we're always ready to help! 

My biggest struggle when I first got started was understanding all the abbreviations, especially in sequence. I still have a paranoia about crochet diagrams! 

Get familiar with the term "frogging" a project (ribbit, ribbit....rip it!), because we all have...many times! That's the growing pains of crochet! 

As with most things, practice makes perfect. Give yourself time to get into a groove and find a consistent tension in your crochet. 

Good luck! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jul 25, 2011 6:02 AM

I chose crocheting. So she bought me yarn a book and other crap for crocheting. Please send me videos taching me how to and maybe some lessons! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
vivianwest wrote
on Oct 17, 2011 5:11 AM

Loosen your grip and relax your arms. Be careful not to prop your elbows or you could have tennis elbow in a couple of years.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Julisen wrote
on Jan 16, 2012 5:42 AM

I'm trying to find out the capabilities of machine crocheting, as well as any other information on machine crocheting, but I have been unable to really find any information.
Wayfair Promo Code

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS