Looking to sell stuff online?

This post has 17 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Sep 17, 2010 2:42 PM

Artfire has a deal right now if you want to go pro it's only $5.95 a month. If you want to know more here's the link.

http://www.artfire.com/groupdeal

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 49
Paula619 wrote
on Nov 7, 2010 10:04 AM

Ill check it out,

Ive been looking at etsy.com but they can get pricey

Im kinda crafty and all my crafts are flooding my place lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Nov 7, 2010 3:17 PM

The deal is no longer for 5.95 a month I believe it's 10.95 now. 

I hear you with stuff flooding your place my mom loves it though :)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
movers wrote
on Jan 2, 2011 6:52 AM

Have you tried listing things on ebay or even for free on craigslist?  Carigslist seems perfect but as always when putting your information online you must use caution.

Mover

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Jan 2, 2011 3:02 PM

No but I have thought about it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
hildarevilla wrote
on Feb 1, 2012 3:05 AM

I currently sell stuff on Amazon and Ebay at fixed prices. About 200 items a day. Not interested in auction listings.
Kunulift

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Nadarajahl wrote
on Feb 17, 2012 2:56 AM

I want to sell stuff online. So i am looking for an wholesaler to buy stuff from. A dropshipper will also do. Please help.
EDirect Online Profits

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mckayv wrote
on Mar 12, 2012 4:07 AM

I currently sell stuff on Amazon and Ebay at fixed prices. About 200 items a day. Not interested in auction listings.
Weight Watchers Coupon Code

Not Ranked
Posts 2
soniaj2 wrote
on Mar 12, 2012 10:25 AM

I am new to the online crochet community and have been crocheting since i was about 9 yrs old.  I , like so many others, have plenty of things I've made and didn't give to anyone. (Why I'm not quite sure!!) How would i go about selling on e-bay or etsy? Just take pictures and set up an account?  Or is the process more of a pain than what it's worth?  And is there a list, so that I would have an idea of what amount to sell things for?  I've always thought about a craft show, but never thought i had enough to make a go of it. I would appreciate any advice you can give.  Thanks!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PromWTX wrote
on May 2, 2012 6:47 AM

Try eBay. Many sellers and buyers there for pretty much everything.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on May 12, 2012 5:22 AM

I am not a huge fan of Ebay for handmade. Ever since they bought out Paypal they are a bit of a mess. And their fees are higher than Etsy.

To sell on Etsy you need to optimize your shop with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by using good keywords and tags to get your items seen.

Kay

Visit my website for quick and easy crochet patterns!

www.kayscrochetpatterns.com

Not Ranked
Posts 5
lastade wrote
on Jun 1, 2012 9:36 AM

I have sold on ecrater.com for over 4 years.  Ecrater does not charge fees at all.  When someone purchases something from you the only fee is from Paypal or google checkout. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jan 15, 2013 2:43 PM

Hi Sonia

We have started online with Etsy. I have to admit that when you do a search for Crochet/ Blankets it comes up with about 25,000 listings. Crochet is so huge right now that there is even a dedicated Molly Makes Crochet magazine (UK based) coming out this month.

I am going to look into Amazon as people see to trust that site for purchases.

Etsy is quite easy- but it can add up as each item is 20 cents.

I do all the marketing for my Moms products- it does take a fair bit of work I have decided to hire a professional photographer - having great photos is important.

I would try a craft show. My mom always does well there and regardless, I'm sure you will come away very inspired. Start with the smaller ones and try adn price around 20 $ as people don't go to these show (generally) to make big purchases on the spot. Use it also to grow an emailing/ contact list.

Hope that helps if you are still thinking of selling 

Andrea

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 11
on Mar 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Hi Andrea... I am currently looking for fellow crocheters and knitters to sell their finished product on my website.  I established my crochet business late last year and I believe we are doing very well.  I have four other members besides myself.  My members sell under the Loops Of Warmth name.  If you are interested, you can come aboard.  Since I have nearly 20 years in marketing...I do all the leg work.  Yes, there is a charge but it is considerably less expensive than what's out there now.  I don't ask for a percentage, but there is a monthly fee of $9.00 to post up to 15 products.  With my current client list and with what my new members bring to the table, this could be the next big...or bigger Thing.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 11
on Mar 6, 2013 9:04 PM

I tried Etsy and it was simply too overwhelming for my customers...they were much more content buying from me directly.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS