Crochet Professionals for Hire?

This post has 7 Replies | 9 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
mbh3 wrote
on Sep 28, 2010 1:32 PM

Hi, after years I am trying to start crocheting again with small, simple projects during my spare time. Crocheting and knitting have both changed a lot over the years, and I seriously doubt my ability to be able to make some of the beautiful creations seen in some of the magazines.  Does anyone know where I can look for a professional who can be hired to create some items - preferrably in N. CA?  Appreciate receiving some referrals.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Sep 28, 2010 2:21 PM

Hi, well if I lived in N. CA I'd be interested but alas it is not to be. And as for yourself don't doubt your abilities you could easily learn how to crochet those creations they often look more daunting then they are start small like you are but don't be afraid to step it up to the next level :) Hope you find someone to help you out.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
AprilGarwood wrote
on Oct 6, 2010 9:34 AM

One place you might check around is to find a local specialty yarn store in your area.  They may know of professionals in the area that could help you.  Also, I will post a link to your forum post in the CGOA Professionals Yahoo group and maybe you'll get some help that way.  But I agree with the other respondent.  Be brave, start small, and read the educational bits in crochet magazines.  They offer a wealth of advice from professionals about the nitty gritty details of making your items look great.  Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Dec 1, 2010 5:57 AM

Contact me any time.  I teach crocheting, I also do crochet for hire and specialty projects and I can provide references.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
alexanne wrote
on Dec 2, 2010 8:11 PM

When you join Ayela's Content club,Blog Content you’ll have access to a whole smorgasbord of articles,books,images,software,website templates and more! You can copy,rewrite,reuse,republish,re-purpose any of the material as long as you remain a member.

When you join Ayela's Content club,Blog Content you’ll have access to a whole smorgasbord of articles,books,images,software,website templates and more!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
nanclaypool wrote
on Feb 1, 2011 7:14 AM

Crocheting has not changed in the 40+ years that I have been doing it. What I do with it has. Do not be intimidated by the overall look. Take the directions one step at the time (after reading the whole thing through so you know where you are going) and find a group of ladies that meet in your community. That's fun entertainment and valuable assests all in one place. If you are knitting-- same story except it's easier to find that group through your local yarn store, but everywhere I have lived, if you mention the "hook" word in an LYS, they are rude and want you to "Be gone", which is silly since it takes more yarn to do a crochet project than a knitted one. I will be glad to help on-line if you get snarled, just get going. Time's a wastin'. You could have that little project done by now.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Janskylar wrote
on Apr 28, 2012 5:44 PM

Are you still interested in doing crochet for hire?  I have a couple projects I love to get going on.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Jeb1002 wrote
on Aug 23, 2013 2:54 PM

Hi I was wondering what would you charge to make this for my niece I didn't buy the pattern yet want to make sure it's possible before I purchase. My email is jeb1002@aol.com when u email me ill send the picture of the baby doll. It won't let me insert picture please respond so I know you got this  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS