Style

This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
redheadedelf wrote
on Oct 5, 2010 1:07 PM

I want to make this amigurumi and possibly publish the pattern once I'm done but..... I would be using an art style from Sonic The Hedgehog.... (except crocheted) It would, however be my own character with her own distinct features outfit and that kind of stuff, that wouldn't count as theft would it? If you don't know Sonic the hedgehog here's a picture Amy Rose. who my doll probably look the most like when she's finished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AmyUnleashed.png

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Oct 7, 2010 10:06 AM

Copyright is so fun isn't it! I don't see a problem making a doll like this but trying to publish the pattern is a little more iffy I personally think it would depend on how close you match Amy's look if your doll looks like a twin of hers probably not, a distant cousin you might be okay if you name her something else and make sure there's something unique about her thats all your own. I'm not an expert on any of this but I hope it helps.

When you finish her I'd love to see what she looks likes! My brother is a Sonic fan.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
redheadedelf wrote
on Oct 7, 2010 12:14 PM

Probably a very distant cousin because she isn't a hedgehog and has different colors,  I can see a resemblance though, but because I changed a few things she looks even less like Amy now.

Also would you like to see the picture I drew of her? I was wondering if  I should change some things in her design before I try crocheting her.

Also thanks a ton for the advice, I find copyright extremely confusing sometimes. =)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Oct 8, 2010 11:27 AM

It sounds to me like it won't be a problem than. 

Yes I'd love to see the picture of her and offer up my opinion :) 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
redheadedelf wrote
on Oct 9, 2010 8:39 AM

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 134
on Oct 9, 2010 11:44 AM

She's so cool! I'd say start crocheting no reason to worry about copyright. Can't wait to see what she looks like :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
redheadedelf wrote
on Oct 10, 2010 6:21 AM

I might not make it.... but thanks a ton. =)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS