The Official Chain Reaction Afghan Project CAL

This post has 33 Replies | 15 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
KathieB@4 wrote
on Jan 11, 2012 10:47 PM

Hi Marcy,

I'm not seeing any finished afghans...am I looking in the wrong place?  I was considering starting one of these afghans...is it too late to start?

Thanks, Kathie/itssewnice

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Jan 12, 2012 7:31 AM

Go to the Events & News section on the menu line.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 41
jjennifer143 wrote
on Jan 12, 2012 9:39 AM

I have gone there many times; and I just see 6 squares .  I have also tried many times to upload the photos of my squares but nothing happens.  Marcy can you check to make sure that it is possible to upload pictures?  Or has the whole discussion moved over to Ravelry?

My squares are posted on my Craftsy site if you wanted to take a look:

www.craftsy.com/craftsyer/24294

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
Marcy Smith wrote
on Jan 12, 2012 12:03 PM

I love your squares jjennifer143!

Yes, it's possible to post pictures on this forum. I'd love to see them! You can also post them in the Members' gallery (http://crochetme.com/media/g/member-photos/default.aspx). I know folks are working on the afghan! Maybe they're shy?

Try posting a picture here & let me know if you have trouble & what the trouble is. I'll see if I can help you out.

Thanks!
Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 6
mkc23 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 9:08 AM

I love this idea! I'm going to do this. Thank you for posting!

Kristi

Not Ranked
Posts 6
mkc23 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 10:15 AM

HELP!

I went to this site and tried to sign up to get the patterns to make the squares but can't because apparantely I am answering the security question wrong. I am not a knitter and the question asks what the other stitch is in knitting. I said pearl.. I have no clue! Can you help me? I was trying to find somewhere on the site to email the person in charge but couldn't find anything.

Kristi

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
Marcy Smith wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 10:19 AM

Hi Kristi,

Unfair question for a non-knitter, but try: purl

Best,

Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 5
P2d4 wrote
on Jul 12, 2013 7:28 PM

Hi I am a newbe to crocheting and I am about to attempt this with a few friends also newbies. I know the pattern says worsted weight yarn but could this be done in cotton? I just prefer the feel.

thank you in advance

PaulaBig Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mdessent1 wrote
on Aug 17, 2013 8:50 PM

If you are new to crochet this project will be almost impossible to complete.  I started it two years ago. I was so frustrated by the awful instructions that I had to stop working on it for several months and have paid my LYS for help with completing the project.My LYS has been conducting a yearlong class for this project since it was first published and continues to get new people every month.

I recorded the individual episodes of the TV show, I think it was season 7 where they featured this project thinking there would be some beneficial info. They spent less than 5  minutes of each episode discussing the project, and in one episode they casually mentioned that the squares aren't all the same size when finished.I have had to change number of stitches and hook size for almost every square.

After two years I have three squares left to finish, and then assembly and the border. I can't wait to be finished with the project from hell. When I am finally done I will have enough left over yarn to make another afghan as the amount of yarn needed according to the pattern is way off too.

No one has posted anywhere on the Internet about completing this project as a whole. Many have posted pics about individual squares on Ravelry, but nothing as a completed whole. It is obvious the people at Interweave did not proofread or edit the instructions even though they completed all of the squares.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Britttray wrote
on Aug 27, 2013 11:04 PM

Hi Marcy,

I know this is an old post but I am attempting this square and I was wondering if you could explain how to attach the first round of circles to the main circle a little bit better, I have read and read the directions, but I am still lost.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 429
Marcy Smith wrote
on Sep 5, 2013 4:30 PM

Hi Britttray,

Check this out:

http://www.crochetme.com/forums/p/34954/126091.aspx#126091

Let me know if it helps!
Best,

Marcy

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Britttray wrote
on Sep 5, 2013 10:03 PM

Thank you so much!! This helps a lot!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
danytort wrote
on Jan 17, 2014 1:04 PM

I bought this pattern a couple years back, and what attracted me was the great colours. I would love to replicate this but I don't seem to find the references to the yarns used. I can see  the colour and yardage, but really I would love to use the exact same shades as on the pattern. Would any of you be good and kind enough to let me know which yarn you used, and in which shades?

It would be good if you could just copy and paste the below, and add the brand and colour codes the references :-)

(A) blue 850 yd
(B) cream 1,000 yd
(C) green 1,400 yd
(D) orange 900 yd
(E) purple 1,200 yd
(F) red 700 yd

In advance, many, many thanks :-)

Danièle

Not Ranked
Posts 3
danytort wrote
on Feb 9, 2014 4:13 AM

Bump. Anyone out ther made this afghan? Which brand of wool did you use, which refs? Thanks :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
nucciaf wrote
on Feb 24, 2014 3:59 AM

Hi Marcy,

I have read all the grannies pattern, and I have noticed that the hook used for the grannies is not always the same. In some grannies it is used the 3.75mm hook, in others the 5.0mm, in others the 5.5mm in others the 6.0mm and in the Tapestry Crochet Heart the 9.0mm. I was wondering if also the yarn used is different, or if the yarn is the same and the hook is different to uniform the gauge of all grannies. Should I buy the same brand and type of yarn for each color?

Thanks

Nuccia

Page 2 of 3 (34 items) < Previous  1 2 3  Next > | RSS