BIRCH VEST in fall 2010

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 9
karemore wrote
on Oct 29, 2010 10:57 PM

I need help with the gauge for this project!  I have spent the evening creating 3 different swatches and none are coming out right.  The instructions say '17 stitches, 6 rows in DC = 4 inches, blocked'.  I've used the recommended yarn (malabrigo silky merino), two G hooks (one 4.0 & one 4.25) and one H hook and still cannot obtain the correct gauge.  My blocked swatch using the 4.25 needle contains 15 stitches and 5 rows in 4".  I have no idea how to get the height in my swatch.

Anyone have advice? The same or similar problem?  I really was hoping to get a good start on this but don't want to without the correct gauge.

Thanks! Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 9
karemore wrote
on Oct 30, 2010 5:01 PM

still trying to get it right....using TR (treble crochet) for my gauge stich seems to work out nearly perfect....thoughts for changing up the pattern to match?

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 9
karemore wrote
on Nov 7, 2010 9:21 PM

I have created the yoke in TR and it looks great!  Now I'm stuck on row 4 of the fan pattern...it would seem that the -(dc in next ch-3 sp, ch4) 5 times- should be centered on the growing fan, but I can't seem to get it to work out that way. Help! Confused

Karen

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS