Need Help Identifying this pattern / stitch please

This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mariah0217 wrote
on Feb 21, 2011 2:20 PM

I remember visiting an Aunt when i was younger who had this afghan, but hers was only two colors.  Then I saw this photo and remembered my Aunt's.  My problem is that she passed away many years ago and I can't find out what pattern / or stitches are used in the afghan.  I have been to craft store after craft store browsing pattern books and with no luck.  Can anyone help me?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
RichardRose wrote
on Feb 21, 2011 3:00 PM

That looks to me like a kind of tartan weave. You crochet a mesh of dc ch dc then weave chains through the mesh. The one pictured obviously hasn't been done in tartan colours but the method would be the same.

Richard.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
SusanT@65 wrote
on Mar 10, 2011 11:22 PM

It looks like an interlocked mesh to me, you crochet a mesh of dc, ch, dc. After completing a row of mesh in the first color, you will crochet the same mesh in a second color working in the spaces of the first mesh. You don't break off the first color or join the yarn. You are really creating two different mesh pieces but interlocking them as you go.

That explanation sounds a little strange, hopefully it makes sense enough that someone else can come up with the "real" name of the pattern.

Tongue Tied

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
Merlich wrote
on Mar 12, 2011 6:08 PM

Hi Mariah,

It looks to me a doble colour tunisian crochet stitch where you match dc with purl stitches. It is a little difficult to explain but if don't tunisian crochet you can go to www.knitdenise.com and there you can watch how she knits both techniques and the part of using two colour for the same row which is crocheted in two parts: one colour when you go and the other when you return.

The rows that are in purl stitches use the same colour for the dc go part then you swatch the new colour in the return.

Wishing it was useful to you.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Jan3459 wrote
on Oct 31, 2011 10:19 AM

Thanks Merlich. Went to the knitdenise website and found a great demonstration of the Tunisian purl stitch. Perfect.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
yanzimiwu wrote
on Nov 1, 2011 7:30 AM

I know what you mean.

Hope this helps you!

Let me know.Smile
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS