BARBIE BRIDE DRESS WITH PEARLS

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 7, 2011 7:02 PM

I HAVE MADE SEVERAL OF THESE DRESSES FOR MY GRANDAUGHTERS AND NOW MY GREAT GRANDAUGHTERS WANT ONE TOO..  I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND MY PATTERN.  DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A PATTERN FOR A BARBIE DOLL BRIDE DRESS WITH PEARLS?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
pat p. wrote
on Jun 5, 2011 8:16 AM

I don't have a specific pattern that is beaded, what I  did was string many, many pearls on to a spool of sewing thread and work them off of there. You can do this with any pattern, pearl type or bead. I have managed it with sequins as well, but that was a bit trickier. hope this helps!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
on Apr 28, 2012 12:26 AM

Are you talking about the Nicky one from the pink Barbie book? It's sleeveless tube and sort of a Kennedy era style?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 28, 2012 2:03 PM

I have a "Heirloom Bride's Gown" pattern  that uses Knit-Cro-Sheen and a steel crochet hook No. 9.

There are 12 white roses on the dress and on the veil.  There pearls around the neckline.  The pattern also has an underskirt and a garter.

I don't know if you can get this pattern from the J.& P. Coats Knit-Cro-Sheen of South Maid companies.  It is Leaflet L.C.1132.

The address in 1991 was:   Coats & Clark Inc., 6900 Southpoint Dr. N., Jacksonville, FL 32216

You might get lucky and they would have this pattern in their files.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 28, 2012 2:13 PM

Some years ago, Coats & Clark put out a BOOK No.270 for 50 cents called ALL FOR DOLLS.

The address of Coats & Clark at this time was:  Coats & Clark's Sales Corp., 72 Cummings Point Rd., Stamford, Conn.06902

On the cover is a Bridal Gown for an 11 1/2" doll. 

Unlike the former Bridal Gown I described, in which the gown below the bodice is narrow, this gown is flaired and appears to have a short train.

I am unable to put pictures on the internet, but would be willing to type the patterns out for you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS