Need help with crochet instructions.....

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
lisarod wrote
on Mar 14, 2011 3:39 PM

Can anyone please help me with these instructions that I came across? sk next 3 chs. (sc. (ch 3, sc) 3 times in next ch] across

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
RichardRose wrote
on Mar 14, 2011 11:46 PM

Those instructions are relatively easy. "sk next 3 chs. (sc. (ch 3, sc) 3 times in next ch)" = after skipping 3 chains do a sc, chain 3, sc, chain 3, sc, chain 3, sc all in the next chain then repeat from the "sk next 3 chs" up to the second close bracket (")"). It seems a little unusual to have scs in there instead of dcs though. Is there any chance of getting a look at the full pattern?

Richard.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
lisarod wrote
on Mar 15, 2011 2:32 PM

Sure here is the full pattern: This part is the center of the blanket, then comes another part for the edging

Row 1 (RS) Ch 146 (sc. {ch 3, sc} 3 times in 2nd ch from hook. [sk next 3 chs. (sc. {ch 3, sc}3 times in next ch] across, turn. 1(111 ch-3sps)

Row 2: Ch 3 sk first ch-3sp. (sc. {ch 3, sc} 3 times in next ch-3 sp. [sk next 2 ch-3sps. (sc, {ch 3, sc} 3 times in next ch-3 sp] across leaving last ch-3 sp unworkered.

Rows 3-92 Rep row 2

After that I have a part to make the edging on the blanket, which is a separate part to the center of the blanket.

Any help would be very much appreciated! I'm also having a little trouble with the ribbon: I have to make 52 ribbons and here is the instructions: Loosely ch 25, dc in 4th ch from hook (first 3chs do not count as dc) and in each of next 6 chs, mark ch just worked in, dc in each of next 2 chs. 3 dc in each of next 2 chs, 5 dc in next ch, 3 dc in each of next 2 chs, dc in each of next 2 sts, drop lp from hook, insert hook from front to back in marked ch, pull rem unworked chs through ch, (6 unworked chs should now be laying on top of first leg of ribbon) pick up dropped lp, working in rem 6 unworked chs, making sure unworked lp of ch is snug against last dc and working over it, dc in each of next 2chs, dc dec in next ch and dc worked in marked ch, dc in each of next 2 chs, (dc, ch 3, sl st) in last ch. Fasten off.....the part I don't understand is where it says dc dec in next ch and dc worked in marked.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
RichardRose wrote
on Mar 16, 2011 4:25 AM

While I still think it a little strange that they would use sc in that situation seeing the full pattern doesn't change my original assessment.

The dc dec need to be done over at least two stitches. In this case the two stitches are the next ch and the dc that was worked in the marked ch, ie the ch where the 6 unworked chs were pulled through.

Hope this helps.

Richard.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS