Another newbie!

This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
SheriKiml wrote
on Mar 18, 2011 8:52 PM

Hi!  I'm SUPER excited to find this site. I have been crocheting on and off for about 8 years, but have recently fallen in love with it again and can't stop!  I'm a mom of 3 young kids (ages 6, 4 and 1), a wife, a student, and a Mormon.  I can't wait to meet more of you wonderful people that like crocheting too!  I love new so feel free to friend me and we can share fun things we find and/or create!  

Oh, and I'm near Kansas City.  Anyone else in the area?  

Sheri

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JazzyBlack01 wrote
on Mar 20, 2011 8:30 AM

Hello, I'm a newbie too. My mom use to crochet when we were young. One of my sisters picked it up but in the craft classes we took, I was more interested in knitting. Since I had no one to help me with the knitting, I gave it up until I found YouTube. I also found crocheting again on YT and now that I have, I enjoy it immensely, even more than knitting. I'm home bound and buy the crochet magazine and try to do the patterns. I've made many caps, scarves, dish towels, slippers and earmuffs; now I want to make dresses for myself and can't find patterns for adult dresses. I live in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and don't know of a crochet community here. I have found a knitting community and need local resources.

Does anyone know how I can get past copies of "Crochet" magazine. If the pattern is at level one or two I know I can do it, and will attempt to do a level three. If anyone can offer assistance, it will be appreciated. Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 22, 2011 8:37 AM

Hi Jazzy!  i suggest looking for patterns on ebay.  i have found a great number of antique pattern books and leaflets there.  also past issues of crochet magazine can be found at thier site with a subscription.  i think its only about $15 a year for a digital subscription but you get 3 years of back issues.  also thereare some nice patterns on epatternscentral.com. 

i'm new to this group, but have been crocheting for more than 20 yrs.  crocheting groups are not as abundant as knitting, but this onlinecommunity seems to give us "hookers" a great place to exchange ideas and resources.

Glad to meet you and hope your day is filled with pleasure!

Melissa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS