Hello from Doha, Qatar

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Shadya wrote
on Jul 16, 2011 10:36 AM

Hi everyone!

Although I am new to Crochetme.com, I have croched since the 7th grade, back when girls could crochet during class activities. I went to a school that had a playground which doubled as a parkinglot. The girls would use their lunch period to crochet. I had difficulty learning because I started out left-handed, and all my friends used their right hands. After a while, I learned crochet right-handed, and I still am.

I live in Ad Doha, Qatar, and work in healthcare. In my time here, I noticed none of the ladies really had a craft to work on during downtime at home. Infact, the lady I share an office with is pregnant with her first baby, and I decided to make a baby blanket for the birth in September. I have looked high and low for yarn in Doha, but I cant find any shops. My arab friends tell me there are a few, but the materials are not that good. I simply ordered from the United States, and I can't wait to get started.

Nice to meet everyone! Woould love to share some patterns.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Natalie777 wrote
on May 20, 2012 4:50 PM

Hello Shadya,

My name is Natalie.  I will be arriving in Doha, Qatar on the 23rd of May, 2012 to work as a Senior Visual and Studio Arts Instructor with the International Academy for Intercultural Development. I hope you are still a member with this group. I am an avid crocheter and would love to meet up with you.  Maybe we start a crochet club in Doha!  

Sincerely, 

Natalie Anderson-Place

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 26, 2012 10:39 AM

hello shadya,

I'm new to doha and i love to crochet as well. could u please tell me which site u use to order wool.

btw do u sell wool? 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
foziam wrote
on Dec 22, 2012 4:13 AM

HELLO

u can buy yarn from taliban store,al fredoni.i am also interested in crochet. i made some baby stuff.u can contact me here also.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS