Making and Selling Patterns

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
yarnpot wrote
on Jul 21, 2011 3:34 PM

I have been crocheting for about a year now and would like to create and sell my own patterns.  It seems like some items, a basic baby hat for example, has only a few basic patterns.  I want to add my own style and embellishments to them, but I feel like I am still using someone else's basic pattern to start them off.  Is it okay to do this or do I need to avoid this all together? 

Please help!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
jaminc wrote
on Jul 26, 2011 8:49 PM

It seems like some items, a basic baby hat for example, has only a few basic patterns.  I want to add my own style and embellishments to them, but I feel like I am still using someone else's basic pattern to start them off.  Is it okay to do this or do I need to avoid this all together?

Short Bridesmaid Dresses
Strapless Bridesmaid Dresses
Strapless Bridesmaid Dresses
Cheap Wedding Dresses uk

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
on Aug 13, 2011 2:03 PM

When i started crocheting amigurumis I used free patterns from the internet, and by crocheting amigurumi after amigurumi I got the idea and started making own amigurumis with a little help from other patterns by other people, I realised soon that although I make up my own patterns they all follow the same basic steps as do most of the patterns i find free on the internet. Someone could say I copy their pattern even if I really figure out and make my own patterns.. they just are "built up" the same way. I sell my patterns on www.amigurumishop.com 

So don´t worry!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS