The Official Fancywork Cloche Crochet-Along

This post has 4 Replies | 5 Followers
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 100
on Nov 10, 2011 4:25 PM

Welcome to the first official Interweave Crochet Accessories 2011 CAL! For the kick-off of what's sure to be many CAL's from this amazing issue I'm inviting you all to join me in making...drum roll please...the Fancywork Cloche by Simona Merchant-Dest.

In the spirit of the season, I really wanted to do a quick, gift-able item (although I promise not to tell if you decide you simply must keep it for yourself). Hats are a great item to give as presents and this pattern is cozy enough to ward off the winter chills but elegant enough to put on just because you want a special accessory to complete an outfit.

It's one skein, which gives a perfect reason to go stash-diving, but it won't bust your budget if you've gotta have the smoosh-able Alpaca With a Twist used in the issue; I know do! And if you have never attempted post stitches before, this is a great way to dive into them. There's already a great video on Crochet Me to give you some guidance. So, pick up your hooks and yarn, and let's whip up this beautiful cloche! Join me here in the Forums, where you'll find a time line, along with some encouragement and (gentle) prodding, and post your WIPs in our Gallery.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 1
shoughton wrote
on Dec 29, 2011 11:03 AM

I really do not want an entire subscription, but would like the book that this pattern is in - how do I know which one?

shoughton@myfairpoint.net

Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Dec 29, 2011 7:06 PM

The pattern is in the Crochet Accessories, 2011 magazine. I bought it through the Crochet Me Shop. You can order the magazine or download a digital copy of it. There are some really great patterns in it. I don't think the individual pattern is available, but I'm not sure.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
naztazia wrote
on Jan 23, 2012 1:12 PM

A little late, but I finished my Fancywork Cloche hat!  Very happy with the way it turned out.  Husband liked it (wow) and said it looked rather vintage (double wow).

Not Ranked
Posts 2
-brookfield- wrote
on Oct 23, 2013 8:35 PM

Sorry, my msg. has nothing to do w/the lovely cloche.  I am desperately looking for prayer shawl patterns.  They should be heavy, usually made w/Homespun yarn..  I  cannot find mine anywhere and have one half finished.  I guess I will try to pick up the pattern from what I have already crocheted.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS