Major help needed! Pleeeeeease help!

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 23, 2012 11:56 AM

Hello fellow crocheters! I am in desperate need of help reading this pattern:

http://gosyo.co.jp/english/pattern/eHTML/ePDF/1006/3w/Ribbon_Accent_Bag.pdf

This bag is SO ADORABLE and I have to figure out how to make it. It's even kept me up at night trying to figure out this diagram! I know it was in japanese but translated to english- and I am slightly familiar with stitch diagrams in the sense that I can figure out what stitch to use. However, what stumps me in this pattern, is the curvy break that runs through it. I've been calling it a river. What do I do with that? And the general system of how to work this is incredibly baffling to me. I would call myself a pretty experienced crocheter- but this is really causing me problems! ANY help I can get would be extremely appreciated! I just have to make this bag.

Thanks yall!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jan 23, 2012 3:09 PM

Sure is a pretty purse.  Looking at the purse and the directions, I believe that this is what the pattern is calling for.

First you make the foundation row (which is in the middle of the pattern) and work the pattern up to the top of the page, ignoring the "river", making the stiches which are hidden under the "river".

Secondly, you start at your foundation row and work the pattern to the bottom of the page, turning page upside-down to make reading easier.

You will now have a front and a back to the purse.  Now you need the sides, which will open easily and will give the purse that "fold" that you see in the picture.

Following the diagram, connect the stitches of the 'river' as shown in the diagram.  You will be doing this on four (4) sides of your purse.

If you have any more problems, I will keep an eye on your post and try to help you out.

Happy Crocheting, GrammaArizona

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jan 23, 2012 3:16 PM

It's me again.

I think they want you to do your stitching of the 'river' by hand, using a blind stitch ( going from the left to the right then from the right to the left) on the back of the purse, around the bottom of the purse and up to the top of the front of the purse.    I am sure you know what I mean, but if not, let me know.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS