Really need help finding a specific pattern for a baby granny blanket

This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
janemariec wrote
on Feb 5, 2012 10:00 AM

8765.Baby granny panels.docx

HELP!  My mom passed away a few months ago and had started a baby blanket for my daughter, it's a "granny" type but long ovals.  Each oval is in a different pastel shade.  The baby is due in April and I've gone through all my mothers books and can't for the life of me find this pattern.  If anyone has a hint of where I can look, or has the pattern I'd appreciate any help you can give me.  Thanks jmc

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
on Feb 18, 2012 10:04 PM

Honestly, I've never seen anything like that before :) It's very possible that your mother freehanded the pattern in her head, and there might not be a pattern out there. It's certainly wondefully unique. First, I'd add the white circle to the blue one so they match in size, and use them for a center, put them together maybe an inch apart and make an inch worth of edge, then use the rest of the yarn in the matching colors for traditional granny squares for a border. And then you and your daughter will always know that the heart of the blanket was made with tons of love :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
EdithH@2 wrote
on Feb 19, 2012 9:24 AM

My condolences to you and your family in your lost.

This resembles a mile-a-minute blanket.  The most similiar pattern if not the exact pattern is Annie's Attic #A877506 Basic Mile-A-Minute Baby Blankets.  www.anniesattic.com

In your photo the pink and green strip looks like row 1:  main color -  center shells strip, row 2: white - dc around strip, row 3: main color - sc around strip, row 4: white - sc around strip. This is a similar pattern but you would need to add 2 rows of sc after the shells and dc.  Here is a free pattern:  http://web.archive.org/web/20070624143119/http://www.caron.com/projects/cs/pro_cs_milemin.html

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Feb 19, 2012 2:10 PM

Thank you, Edith, for finding a close resembleance to this baby afghan.  I have now got one panel done and it is beautiful.  The pattern is so easy that I will be making several larger ones for the Children's Cancer Hospital in my state.  Once again, thank you for finding this pattern!!  Beverly

Not Ranked
Posts 3
janemariec wrote
on Feb 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Dear Edith … Thank you so much for your condolences and for finding this pattern.  I searched high and low for it, and finally told my daughter that I didn’t think I’d be able to finish it.  This will be a wonderful surprise for her – now both my daughters will have one last thing that their grandmother made for their babies!

I can’t wait to get stated.

Appreciatively

Jane

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS