Rug pattern

This post has 11 Replies | 10 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
janemarine wrote
on Feb 29, 2012 10:05 AM

Hi.  I have been trying to find a pattern that would allow me to produce something similar to this rug.  My cousin's wife is really wanting to make this rug for the nursery.  And I agreed to help her but our novice efforts at coming up with a pattern have been exhausted.  Please help.  Even if it is not the entire rug pattern but just the circles that would be fine.  Thank you.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
hapcamp wrote
on Mar 27, 2012 5:34 PM

I just picked up a book at the library :Super Finishing Techniques for crocheters by Betty Barnden.

For what this is worth...

She has some flower patterns that look like a starting point for what your picture describes.

From what I can gather, there is a base spiral circle that a second spiral(of dc or tc)  is worked on top of, if that makes sense.

Good luck!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 28
physicsgirl wrote
on Mar 28, 2012 5:59 AM

Also:  while I like Interweave Crochet best for most of what I do (clothing and accessories) I noticed while browsing the bookstore racks that the recent 2012 March/April ""Crochet Today" had a beautiful pillow covered with flowers... and one of them looked a LOT like what you are looking for!

I think I'd probably sew the flower layer to fabric then back the fabric with a more solid rug backing too.  It might make it more durable for the occasional washing (I'm not sure where your relative is planning on putting this... but what a nice present it will be!).

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jun 3, 2012 8:15 AM

Hi! I was wondering if you ever found a pattern for this rug.  I'm trying to make it as well.

Thank you so much!

ibcdf35@yahoo.com

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dfoley wrote
on Jun 12, 2012 9:22 PM

I wish someone would post the directions for this, I have been searching everywhere for this pattern. Why put projects out there no one can get the directions for, very frustrating;(

Not Ranked
Posts 1
kitty897 wrote
on Jul 10, 2012 1:11 PM

http://jenet.info/dekorativnoe-vyazanie-kryuchkom-v-texnike-cvetenie/ Try this flower it looks very close to the one in the picture. The website is in Russian I believe but Google Crome has a feature where it will pop up asking if you want it translated. Hope this helped.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Cbp323 wrote
on Jul 13, 2012 12:53 PM

This rug is actually designed by Viva Terra and sells for $795. I don't think you're going to find a pattern for this....

However I did find this site here:  http://veryirie.blogspot.com/2012/01/crochet-today-crochet-flower-potholders.html

It is actually a vintage pattern for potholders, but the design looks similar to the flower circles in the photo.

Good Luck!
Caryn

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dfoley wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 8:44 PM

Thank You, I really think I can come pretty close with these patterns.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dfoley wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Thank You

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Awildoat wrote
on Feb 4, 2014 5:06 AM

Hi. I joined so I could post here. I found this blog about a woman who learn to crochet just to make a similar rug. She didnt like the flowers so she just used circles and she used rags instead of yarn so, of course, its different. But the technique should be the same. Reading what she had today helped me wrap my head around this rug. 

http://frugalkiwi.co.nz/2012/10/circles-crocheted-rag-rug/

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS