The Official Sir Stephen the Bunny Crochet-along

This post has 40 Replies | 6 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,194
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 3:16 PM

Last week I invited you to vote for the amigurumi who would star in our National Crochet Month Crochet-along. And the winner, with 50% of the votes, is Sir Stephen the Bunny! This little guy has been on my queue for quite a while now, and I am looking forward to crocheting him with you.

Sir Stephen the Bunny is a great pattern for experienced and beginning crocheters alike. This cuddly stuffed animal was inspired by antique toys. So grab a hook and your yarn and come join us.

Schedule

March 8, 2012 - March 16, 2012: Download 8 Free Crochet Amigurumi Patterns: Amigurumi Crochet with Crochet Me eBook and order yarn.

March 17, 2012 - March 23, 2012: Crochet head.

March 24, 2012 - March 30, 2012: Crochet body.

March 31, 2012 - April 6, 2012: Crochet arms and legs.

April 7, 2012 - April 13, 2012: Crochet soles, ears, and vest.

April 14, 2012 - April 20, 2012: Finish and cuddle!

Happy crocheting,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 101
pattyb1 wrote
on Mar 14, 2012 5:56 PM

Sir Stephen has been on my list also for some time & now I am in need of a baby gift for the fall , this little cutie will fit the bill!

Make everyday a day to Crochet!

Patty

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,194
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 10:18 AM

I am trying to figure out what color of bunny I want. He is adorable in light tan, but I think he would be perfect in all white or maybe a gray. What colors are you thinking of making him in?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 11:03 AM

I would like to crochet Sir Stephen, the Bunny, along with you.  Just found the information.  Will start today after looking through my stash.  I have so many projects going, I can't afford to order any more yarn.  I'm sure I can find something to work with.

Well, I have started crocheting the head.  I am using an Ivory colored bulky acrylic that I have in my stash.  It is working up just fine.  I will be using a heathered muted purple super chunky wool yarn for the vest.  I think it will work up fine. 

Embarrassed I am going to have change the color of my vest and I need to find another color for the bottoms of his feet.  Bottoms - probably a beige and his vest will be a speckled beige that I just found in my stash.  That should keep him looking "proper" as he is depicted in the picture.  Back to work.Big Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 12:18 PM

I didn't mean to only highlight "one star" .  Can this be corrected?

Not Ranked
Posts 3
dmhsny wrote
on Mar 19, 2012 12:35 PM

Hi!  I'm joining late but will catch right up! I am using the Lion Brand organic cotton as my local stores didn't carry your prefered yarn.  Any suggestions before I begin about the size hook to get the proper guage?  My yarn weight is 3 oz with a "4" designation.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 88
DonnaP wrote
on Mar 20, 2012 8:49 AM

I'm using Cottontots yarn in pink and white. The vest (or dress) will be either a deep rose or multi-colored pink/white/lavender. I guess my Sir Stephen is morphing into Lady Lenore.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 200
on Mar 21, 2012 6:03 PM

Hey -

I just saw this CAL this afternoon and am going out to buy my yarn.  Awwww...I need to buy some MORE yarn!

If you don't challenge yourself, you don't grow.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 25, 2012 10:17 PM

What a neat idea.

I haven't been involved in a crochet along before but i love Bunnies . ( I collect them in moderation)

I guess I'll have a bit of catching up to do because I found this post on March 26 (New Zealand time)

I'll have to look at my stash to see what I've got to make him with.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 12:29 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the group.  After you look through your stash, let's hear what your color plans are.  I need to change some of my colors.

Doris

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
dmeade wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 12:38 AM

Toni,

I think I will need some help with the vest.  I started it last week and ran into some problems.  Will you be able to provide some direction?

Doris

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 3:09 AM

I found some grey wool I bought from a thrift shop. It has no label.

I think it is a wool blend.

I have a light grey and a darker grey.

I'll use the darker grey for the head and body and the lighter grey for the trim.

The darker grey is a crepe. I'm not sure what weight. it looks like what we call a double knit. I think there will be enough.

I'm using a 3.5mm hook. It gives a nicer tension with my yarn.

I haven't decided what colour to make the vest yet-maybe a light blue.

I'd rather like him to look a bit like Peter Rabbit.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 4:06 AM

I've done 5 rounds on the head. Bedtime now. looking foward to shaping the nose and finishing the head tomorrow evening.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,194
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 11:08 AM

Hi Doris,

I would be happy to help with the vest. I have helped a couple of different crocheters with this vest. It's one of those patterns that seems complicated at first, and then it clicks and you think, "hey, that is easy." Which part are you having trouble with?

Toni

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 14
hesterbox wrote
on Mar 26, 2012 8:07 PM

[View:http://www.crochetme.com/themes/crochetme/utility/Bunny Project:550:0]

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS