trinity lace shrug

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
hapcamp wrote
on Mar 27, 2012 5:22 PM

Trinity Lace Shrug: flummoxed by the body shaping!

Row 2 has me finishing with sc in the next 3 sc. The only sc I have is at the end of row 1 (the beginning of row 2!)

I don't have any sc to sc into! I was assuming the est patt was the uneven parallel lace patt.
Am I mistaken?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
twasserman wrote
on Jun 2, 2012 11:20 PM

I am also working on this pattern.  I was assuming that since the instructions specifically noted what counted as a stitch, the pattern should read "st" (stitch) instead of "sc", so that it would read "sc in the next 3 st" instead of "sc in the next 3 sc."

Otherwise, the instructions at this point are overall very confusing to me.  I can't figure out how the body shaping section is supposed to look.  If you got to Row 2, can you tell me how to do Row 1? Do you work across the pattern and then stop short, and turn to do the Row 2 and subsequent rows?  That seems uneven.  That's where I am at, and I can't figure out where the body shaping rows are in the picture - the back, armhole, sleeves and neck are subsequently covered.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
cannej wrote
on Jun 3, 2012 7:19 PM

Hi hapcamp, 

I haven't done this shrug, tho have thought about it since I first saw it.  Are you a member of Ravelry?  A number of people have done this and have good information.  Including a link to the editor's (Kim Werker) errata page. That's at http://www.kimwerker.com/errata/  

Also Interweave has page of pdfs for corrections to this book at http://www.interweave.com/corrections/Crocheted-Gifts-Corrections.asp - the Trinity Lace Shrug correction is page 47.

Also, I see a tag on this pattern's page in Ravelry that it includes short-rows.

Hope this helps, Cheryl

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
cannej wrote
on Jun 3, 2012 7:27 PM

hapcamp - it's Cheryl, again.  I've just realized that page 44 of the Interweave corrections is also for the Trinity Lace Shrug.  So, grab that one too.  Sorry

edited to correct spelling & grammar - also, just prior to this post I'd written one that included links to corrections.  I think that one won't show up till a moderator looks at it.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS