Help me!!

This post has 6 Replies | 6 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
lilfern wrote
on Apr 19, 2012 8:41 AM

Hi my Brother has a Birthday in December and he loves anything that he can cover up with while laying on the couch or in his recliner.  I am looking for an afghan Pattern with a man's theme that is not to hard to crochet.  I am a beginner in crocheting so please I do need help.Confused

Blessed Be.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 164
Shellie2355 wrote
on Apr 19, 2012 9:58 AM

Well, before my first marriage, I made my boyfriend an afghan using scarves. He was into dark earth tones, so I chose dark brown, dark green and tan. 2 skeins per scarf and each scarf was 12" wide and as long as he would like -- the one I made was long enough for a bed. I just made a bunch of scarves (so the afghan was wide enough) and then just slip-stitched them together. I did a very simple single crochet edging by take each color and going around the outside once for each color. Wish I had a photo, but when we divorced, he took the afghan. He still loves it!

Shellie Dunn
Somonauk, IL
http://4evercrochet.blogspot.com

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 19, 2012 1:14 PM

Go into www.bernat.com and in the project column on the left, click on "other" .  When that page comes up, type in "afghans".  I am sure you can find something here as the afghans are rated as simple to hard.

Good luck

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 19, 2012 1:16 PM

By the way, you do not have to use Bernat yarns.  You can substitute any yarn that is of the same weight..  Most yarns are now "numbered".  If the Bernat yarn is number 4, then you can use a number 4 of Red Heart.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 44
pure wrote
on Jun 8, 2012 8:09 PM

I believe that a lot depends on the colors you choose and design.  I would stay away from lacey looking patterns.  Perhaps concentrate on single crochet stitches using different colored stripes, or go for more geometric designs using increases, decreases and different shades of color.  Have fun.  Get creative.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ronnalynn wrote
on Aug 21, 2012 11:46 PM

i didn't know where to right this.  years ago i was making a victorian pillow bear to set on your bed the whole thing was crocheted and fiber filled i needed to move to get out of a bad situtation and i left my crafts behind know that i have 4 granddaughters 1yr to 6yrs i would love to make that bear for them i looked everywhere and can't find that pattern so if anyone should have it could i please get a copy of it .

Not Ranked
Posts 1
yarnindarlin wrote
on Sep 7, 2012 11:08 AM

The ripple pattern is a very easy pattern and you can do it in multiple colors just by chaning colors every two or three rows. I made one for my brother for Christmas and it was very easy! Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS