circle baby blanket

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
pyrospent wrote
on Apr 29, 2012 8:17 AM

i am trying to find a crochet pattern for a circle baby blanket my mother in law made this blanket for yrs she got the pattern from a magazine i have the original pages for the pattern but it is wrinkled and worn i dont know what mag came from and she has passed several years ago so i cant ask where it came from i am trying to get another copy of the pages (i know can just copy but would like copy of the original) i would like to laminate the ones she used but i dont want to ruin so i want to get copies to try 1st the pages dont have what mag came from it is for a flower shawl it is a circle blanket the description under name is: A delicate border of blossoms and lace trims this lovely shawl for a baby, made with fine random pastel yarn. The main part of the shawl is worked in doubles accented with swirling lines of openwork. she has been making this blanket since before 1992 that is when me and my now husband have been together any help would be appreciated there are pictures with names but i couldnt find anny mags looking up there names thank u sorry post so long

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Apr 29, 2012 2:34 PM

I put "Crochet Circle Baby Blanket" in my Google search engine and came up with many sites that have a pattern for this type of blanket.

It is too bad the pattern you now have is wrinkled, but that can be fixed.

I would take this page and put it between two pieces of paper, thin material or waxed paper.

Using an iron, with the steam setting OFF, and the setting low to begin with, lightly press the "pattern" (which is between 2 pieces of whatever you choose to use.

DO NOT press very long as you do not want to keep the wrinkles in.  Keep lifting the top material off the "pattern" to check on how things are coming along.  After you have pressed all over the "pattern", it may or not  be very flat.  If it is okay, you need not do anything else.  If you would like it flatter, I would repeat this ironing process and move the setting on the iron a little bit hotter.

If you use waxed paper, you will be able to better see what is going on during your pressing.

After your pattern is all flat, I would suggest putting it in a plastic sleeve.  You can buy packages of these sleeves at Walmart.

Your other option is to type the pattern out on your computer and make a copy if you have a printer.

Good Luck & Happy Crocheting!!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jimsoap wrote
on Oct 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Hello

There is a used pattern available from Amazon, www.amazon.com/shops/booksofbaytown, for about $8 including postage.

Hope this helps

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
wandnancy91 wrote
on Oct 22, 2012 1:19 AM

It is really hard to find that pattern. I have been searching for it in the internet, magazines, and my acquaintances but I found nothing. Maybe it will take long time for me to find one. My baby I wanted to use it on is now grown. LOL..

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jimsoap wrote
on Oct 22, 2012 2:54 AM

Hello

If you click on the Amazon link and type  "baby circle" in the search box it will take you straight to the pattern.

Hope this helps

Not Ranked
Posts 5
koteccek wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 12:03 PM

Show me a pictures of the blanket, I may figure it out just by looking at finished product.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
jimsoap wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 2:08 PM

Hello

The pattern still seems to be available.  Here is the image of the pattern.  If you click on this link www.amazon.com/shops/booksofbaytown,

and type "Baby Circle" in the search box this comes up.  The pattern is $3.81, excluding postage.

Regards

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS