Fat Bottom Bag

This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Jun 14, 2012 8:03 PM

This is a really fun bag to make and can be completed in a day.  When I finished, it hit me that adding the little eyes on the big flower would add a little whimsy and make the perfect finishing touch. This bag gaps open quite a bit and needs some type of closure.  I found a few purse closures on-line that looks like they would work perfectly.  Also, a loop closure with a big decorative button would look good too but I would leave the huge flower off or make smaller flowers placed in a bottom corner if used.  I crocheted this bag in Lily Sugar n’ Cream cotton yarn.  This is a gift for my sister who loves cats so I lined it with a cotton fabric that features cats.   (The bottom picture shows the lining.)

Bag Instructions:  http://alittleloopybutimhooked.blogspot.com/2012/04/fat-bag-even-fatter-my-new-favorite.html

Liner Instructions:  http://bendbeanies.blogspot.com/2009/05/bag-pattern.html

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 12
AprilMJ wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 3:40 PM

So cute!! That flower looks a little surprised. And I'm loving the cat fabric on the inside of it.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Bald Eagle wrote
on Jul 3, 2012 6:26 PM

Love it! I really like the flower on the bag it is so cute with the eyes. The way it looks like it is looking in the bag when it is open, it gives the flower a personality. Great Job!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Jul 5, 2012 12:41 PM

I liked the first one so much that I made another in Sugar & Creme's Moondance color.  This one will be for my niece-in-law  (is that right?  anyway, she is my nephew's wife).  It has a dark blue paisley liner and the flowers are loom-made in the colors from the purse.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
dshorty wrote
on Jun 18, 2013 11:10 AM

where did you get the flower

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 233
on Jun 19, 2013 9:25 AM

The flower with the eyes is called "Bold Bloom" from the Leisure Artist book called Crochet Embellishments, page 21.  It's an easy pattern:

Two colors (I made mine in just one color).  Cluster (CL):  *YO, insert hook in right and draw up a lp to height of a dc, YO and draw through 2 lps; rep from * 3 times more, YO and draw through 4 lps:  CL made.

Rnd 1 (right side):  Ch 3; *work CL in ring, ch 3; rep from * 7 times more, join with sl st in top of first CL: 8 ch-3 sps; finish off Color A.

Rnd 2:  Join Color B with sc in any ch-3 sp between CLs; in same sp work (hdc, 2 dc, tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc): petal made; * in next ch-3 sp between CLs work petal of (sc, hdc, 2 dc, tr, 2 dc, hdc, sc); rep from * around, join in beg sc:  8 petals made.

Rnd 3:  Ch 2; turn piece to wrong side; *sc in back strands of next sc to riht, ch 3, sc in back strands of next tr, ch 3; rep from * around, join:  16 ch-3 sps.

Rnd 4:  Turn piece to right side; in each ch-3 sp work petal of (sc, hdc, dc, tr, dc hdc, sc):  16 petals made; join.  Finish off, weave in yarn ends.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
dshorty wrote
on Jun 19, 2013 10:41 AM

Thank you so much

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Samic28 wrote
on Nov 28, 2013 4:55 AM

Wow - Beautiful work!! 

and I love that you put the eyes on the flower like someone else said it looks a bit startled or shocked lol.

thanks for sharing the flower with us!!Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Ola Alaa wrote
on Dec 13, 2013 5:56 AM

Wow - Great work

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS