HELP with seashell and posies dress

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
sarahshamsi wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 4:17 PM

Okay so I have a pattern from this website..first of all it doesnt state how much yarn to use? like in grams? 
The name of the dress is 'seashell and posies dress' 
I dont understand from where to start like how many chains should I make to start of with as it is not mentioned.. Can  somebody help?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jun 27, 2012 5:36 PM

You have a problem.

NO. 1 = If I said there is this bird in my yard that sings.  Can you tell me what kind of bird this is?

NO. 2 - How do you expect anyone to help you if you don't give the website address where this dress can be found? 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
veritygrrl wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 11:08 PM

The pattern that I looked at has the yarn amounts listed beside the picture on the first page of the dress pattern (page 11 of the e-book).  Depending on the size of your dress, you would need 6 to 7 balls of 50 gram skeins or 300 to 350 grams of yarn for the main part and  then 1 ball of 50 grams for the contrasting color.   The directions then set up the stitch pattern, so the instructions won't be so long.  On the second page of the pattern, the directions then start with the skirt, and that is where you get the actual starting chains.  So, you crochet the number of chains, then join them into a circle, then work the stitch pattern for so many rounds.  Then it looks like you decrease, do some more rounds, then start the bodice, which is worked in rows.   It is a cute dress, so don't give up!

Here's the link I found:  http://www.scribd.com/doc/38952602/Crochet-Me-Free-Baby-Patterns

Hope this helps:)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
veritygrrl wrote
on Jun 27, 2012 11:16 PM

I'm sorry that there wasn't enough information for you to help on this post.  I did a quick google search for the pattern and voila! there were the directions to the title given in the post.  Usually I don't post anything, but since I found the information so quickly, I thought I would help.  And I owe it all to you.  Thank you.

As to your bird, it's a songbird.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS