HELP on patttern instructions

This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 5
dmccollins wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 2:35 AM

I am just getting into reading patterns and I am have a hard time with the following instructions. Can anyone tell me how to tackle these instructions?

9.) Ch 2, 1 dc in same st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1, skip next ch-1 sp, *1 dc in next st, ch 1, (skip
next st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1) 7 times, skip next ch-1 sp*, repeat to end; work 1 dc in last st.
Join with sl st to top of 1st dc.

I am specifically having problems understanding : *1 dc in next st, ch 1, (skip
next st, 1 dc in next st, ch 1) 7 times, skip next ch-1 sp*, repeat to end; work 1 dc in last st.
Join with sl st to top of 1st dc.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jul 25, 2012 9:15 AM

9:) Ch 2, 1 dc in same stitch that the ch2 came out of.      1 dc in the next stitch, ch1, skip the next ch-1 space

*1 dc in next st, ch 1, skip next st, 1 dc in next stitch, ch 1 = do this 7 times.

then skip the next ch-1 space*

Now repeat  from * to *

when you get to the end of your work, make a dc in the last stitch and join with a slip stitch to the top of your 1st dc.

Apparently you making something that is fairly large to repeat * to* 7 times.

Happy Hooking.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
dmccollins wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 12:43 PM

Okay the (skip the next ch-1 space *1 dc in next st) does this mean that I crochet in the next st after I skip the st and the one next to it or would I crochet in the st after the ch-i sp and then skip a sp and put a st there?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 158
on Jul 25, 2012 5:42 PM

Perhaps this will explain things better:

9:)  Chain 2,make 1 dc in the same stitch that the ch2 came out of.                                                                                                                       

A. 1 dc in the next stitch, ch 1, skip the next ch-1 space.

B. *1 dc in the next stitch, ch 1 ,skip the next stitch, 1 dc in the next stitch., ch 1 . Do this row 7 times.

C. Skip the next ch-1 space.

D. *1 dc in the next stitch, ch 1, skip the next stitch, 1 dc in the next stitch, ch 1.  Do this row 7 times.

E. Skip the next ch-1 space.

Keep repeating  D & E until you come to the end of the row.  Here is where you will have 2 stitche left to work in.  Make  a dc in that last stitch and then join with a slip stitch to the top of your 1st dc .

To answer your question: you will crochet in the next stitch after you skip 1 stitch and then make a dc in the very next stitch.

Let me know if this is understandable. If not, I will see if I can help you by making it better for you to understand.  Don't give up.  I will see you through this.

Happy Hooking

Not Ranked
Posts 5
dmccollins wrote
on Jul 25, 2012 10:14 PM

Thank you I will let you know how it is coming along....

Not Ranked
Posts 5
dmccollins wrote
on Jul 31, 2012 4:57 PM

Thanks for your help I finally got the hang of it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS