Banana Border for Baby Blanket

This post has 5 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Sep 26, 2012 8:56 PM

Please help!!! I am trying to make a border onto a fleece baby blanket. I've crocheted a monkey face for the blanket but want to add a border with bananas within that border. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to crochet bananas into it using sc, dc, hdc, any stitch. Recommendations???

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 44
pure wrote
on Oct 9, 2012 1:58 PM

I'm not sure what kind of border you're making, but if you do one in sc, you can either chart a design into the pattern, or you can cross stitch a banana over the sc stitches. Hope this helps.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 9, 2012 9:36 PM

Thanks, Pure, for your help. I ripped the border so many times. Mainly I just have the sc foundation row. I can add any stitches to incorporate the bananas into the border but, in my head, the bananas are part of the stitching, whether they are sc, dc, tc, or whatever. I'm open to ideas. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 225
on Oct 10, 2012 9:42 AM

Here's a link for borders/edgings:  http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/edgings.php.  You might think about sewing on appliques.  Look in the trim/ribbon area at JoAnn's.  I've done this with baby afghans I've made in the past and it came out very nice.  Very time consuming but the finished product was well worth the effort.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 10, 2012 7:40 PM

Thank you, OnecraftCathy!!! I like the link you suggested! I will also check out JoAnn's and see what I can find there. I'll post a picture when I complete my blanket. I really appreciate your help!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Neterete wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 1:40 PM

Many thanks for sharing good info…!!!)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS