Vintage Fingerless Gloves

This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Ggram wrote
on Oct 27, 2012 4:00 PM

This pattern was posted by LadyVintage95 in May of this year.  I have tried to download the pattern several times but get the message:"Oops, this page can not be found."  Can  you tell me how I can obtain the pattern?  I need it yesterday as I would like to make them to donate them to the senior center in my community for their annual botique sale on November 3 (next Saturday).  Thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 8
bblack4jc wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 8:53 PM

If you haven't located your pattern yet, here is a link to a pattern I have used.

http://www.caron.com/projects/ss_party/sspar3_party_wristlets.html

Not Ranked
Posts 8
bblack4jc wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 9:11 PM

Just found the pattern you are looking for.

Safe & Sound ~ Bullion Stitch Fingerless Gloves Pattern

There's something special about drinking hot chocolate on a cold, stormy night a pair of wooly socks, a nice book and a fire that makes you feel safe and sound.
When you think about it, it's the little things that make you feel at home, like hugging your little sister, helping your mum bake cookies, or teasing your brother.

Anyway, I hope these fingerless gloves will help you all feel a little more safe and sound!

What You'll Need:
5.00 Crochet Hook
Ball Point Bodkin or Thick Needle
8ply Yarn
Scissors
Wool/Tapestry Needle

Cuff :
Make a Slip Knot. Crochet 27 Chain Stitches.
Row 1~Then take your crochet hook and push it into the  second chain from your hook. Now Single Crochet until the end of the row. Crochet only through the front loop.
Row 2 - 30~ Chain 2 then push your crochet hook into the second last single crochet. Continue to make single crochets until the end of the row. Crochet only through the front loop.

{Note: I have quite small wrists, but you can make the wrist wider by adding a few more rows of single crochets.}

When you've made as many rows as you need, Slip Stitch them together, then turn it inside out.

Hand:
Row 1~ Chain 1, then Single Crochet evenly around the side of the cuff. Join with a slip stitch.

Row 2, 3, 4~ Chain 3, then crochet a Bullion Stitch into the next stitch. *Chain 1, skip one stitch and crochet a bullion stitch into the following stitch. Repeat from the * all around. Join with a slip stitch into the top of chain 3.
Row 5~ This is where you add the hole for your thumb. For each person it's different, so you need to decide now where you want your thumb to be. When you get there make a bullion stitch, then crochet 5 chain stitches (might need to make it 6-7 if you have a bigger thumb) Skip one stitch, then crochet a bullion stitch in that stitch. Continue making bullion stitches and chains all the way around.

Row 6~ Same as row 2, but when you get to where you chained 5 for the thumb hole, only make one bullion stitch into that gap. Otherwise you'll have a very bulky and uneven hand.

Row 7, 8~ Same as row 2.
Row 9, 10~ Single crochets all the way around.
Fasten off, and you are done!

{Note: You can make this for any size person, just measure your wrist and make the ribbing that big plus 4cm.}

Hope you all enjoyed this pattern and that you'll enjoy making these lovely and warm fingerless gloves!
If you did crochet this, please post a photo of your creation onto my Facebook Page, I'd love to see it!
Have a great day crafting!
Xx

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Rickyjackson wrote
on Dec 26, 2012 5:26 AM

Wow. That pattern looks really nice. I think I should also give a try on this. It seems to be very cute and beautiful. Thanks for the detailed description given here to make the same thing. I think I can give this a try with the help of your instruction.

OmniTech Support Reviews

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS