fisherman ripple afghan pattern

This post has 53 Replies | 19 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
mamacat1959 wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 11:16 AM

Hi, many years ago my Mom made a afghan from a kit from Herrshners.  I've been looking for the pattern. I think it was called Fishermans Ripple afghan. It is a ripple pattern for a few rows and then a lacy pattern.  Does any one know how to find this pattern?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  Linda

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 88
DonnaP wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 10:38 AM

There is a pattern that sounds like what you are describing in the "Blue Ribbon Afghans from America's State Fairs" by Valerie Van Arsdale Schrader.  If that is the correct patter, be aware that the amounts listed for the yarn needed are way off.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 11:55 AM

I have the Herrschners kit pattern. It was Fisherman Ripple. Email me at cat-ghans@sbcglobal.net.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 3:25 PM

There is a similar free pattern on-line called "Victorian Lace Afghan" on this link:

http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/viclac.html

It uses an "N" crochet hook while the Herrschners uses a "G" or an "H" I believe.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KearneyKathy wrote
on Jan 1, 2013 8:15 PM

Hi Linda -

I actually have this pattern. I made it several years ago and came across it earlier today while looking for another older pattern and thought I'd like to make it again. . If you'd like, I can copy it and send it to you. The only thing is - and this is the reason I googled it -- it was indeed a kit so, it came with all the necessary yarn. Now, since I'd like to make it again, I was looking to see how much yarn I needed and I cannot find it mentioned anywhere on the pattern. I was hoping someone else might have an idea. But, anyway, I'll mail you a copy if you'd like. Just tell me where. -- Kathy

Happy New Year!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Jan 2, 2013 5:46 PM

I also have the pattern (which I passed on to Linda after she emailed me) and as far as I can determine, it doesn't list the amount of yarn needed for it because it was sold as a kit with the yarn included. They hoped that if you wanted to make another, you would buy another kit.

If you have a pattern for a similar sized afghan, you might try buying the amount that's listed for that pattern...The Victorian Lace Ripple I posted the link for in one of my comments above says that 45 ounces is used...but that one is worked with 2 strands of yarn. I would say that 30 ounces would probably be more than enough for the Fisherman Ripple...but I haven't made it in a long time.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Neterete wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 1:24 PM

I think that this information is the best.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
wpelk wrote
on Jan 8, 2013 9:49 PM

Hi - I was hoping you could email me these directions also. I have the pattern but it's so old it's faded to almost nothing. Thanks and happy days to you. I tried the email you wrote above and it says it's an invalid address, hmmm, not sure what's up with that.

Wanda P.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Jan 9, 2013 9:08 AM

cat-ghans@sbcglobal.net IS a valid address. I've received emails from others for this pattern through it okay. Please try again or post your email address here so that I can contact you. Just click on the link and it should work.

To test it, I went to my previous post that had the email address, clicked on it, and sent a test msg to myself....went through just fine.

Sorry you had problems. Please try again.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ethelac wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 8:57 AM

Kearney Kathy, I would like to have the pattern for fisherman ripple.  I made the afghan about fifteen years ago from a borrowed pattern. My email address is Ethelc709@aol.com or Ethelc709@yahoo.com. The aol is more friendly for me to use.

thanks, ethel e.a

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Jan 31, 2013 9:32 AM

I am not KearneyKathy, but I sent you the pattern anyway.

Char55

Not Ranked
Posts 2
ethelac wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 7:41 AM

Thanks Char55, now I do not see or  know how to get the pattern.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Feb 1, 2013 10:53 AM

You don't see the pattern here because I sent it to your email address (the aol address you said that you preferred).

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Mad stitcher wrote
on Feb 2, 2013 4:14 AM

If I grovel for a reeeaallly long time, would you pls send me the pattern too!?! Me email is : dkbarnes@iinet.net.au. Thank you so much. 😊

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 498
Char55 wrote
on Feb 2, 2013 11:16 AM

Mad Stitcher,

Sent pattern to your email address.

Page 1 of 4 (54 items) 1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS