trouble with pattern

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Reneedean wrote
on Oct 28, 2012 11:40 AM

Second rnd shows I should have 10 three dc groups but I cannot seem to come up with that.  Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong with the pattern?

Ch 5, join with slip st to form ring.

Rnd 1 = Ch3, 2dc in ring, ch1 (3dc in ring, ch1) 4 times, join with slip st to top of ch 3.

Rnd 2 = (slip st, ch3, 2dc) all in next dc, *ch1, 3dc in next space ** ch1, skip next dc, 3dc in next dc; repeat from * around end at ** sc in top of ch3 to join and form last ch 1 sp =10- 3 dc groups.

I have been crocheting awhile and am able to read patterns but cannot come up with the 10-3dc groups for rnd 2.  Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,227
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Oct 29, 2012 12:23 PM

Hi,

My first idea is that maybe you aren't counting the beginning ch-3 as a stitch? If you are, this would mean that there are 5 groups of 3 dc in Rnd 1, the ch-3 and first two double crochet as well as the (3dc in ring, ch1) that you do 4 times.

When you work Rnd 2 you slip stitch into what was the first actual double crochet of Rnd 1, not the ch-3. Here you work ch-3, which counts as a double crochet, and 2 dc. Then you work 3 dc in the center of the 3 dc and each space around. This should give you 10-3dc groups.

Good luck!

Toni

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Reneedean wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 6:08 PM

Thank you for your help.  I still seem to be not getting it.  Only your last sentence I need clarification on.  Work 3 dc in the center of the 3 dc and each sp around.  What do u mean for the "in the center of the 3 dc" do you mean in the sp in between the 3dc groups and the sp inbetween each group?   Or in the actual dc every 3rd one?  Also is the 10 dc groups a total for round 2 only or a total for round 1 and 2.  Help don't understand why I cannot get this.

I am not understanding the space in which to do the actual stitches in your last sentence.  Could you clarify if I should be in the top of the actual dc, in the space between the dc stitch or the space in between the three dc groups, I think that's where I'm getting lost.

Thanks again,

Renee

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,227
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Nov 2, 2012 11:52 AM

Hi Renee,

Not a problem. Maybe this will make things click. :) By work 3 double crochet "in the center of the 3 dc" I mean to work the three double crochet in the 2nd dc of the the 3 dc group. These 3 dc of Row 2 are actually worked into the 2nd dc of the 3 dc groupl There should be an unworked dc from the 3 dc group on either side of the dc you work into. You will also work 3 dc in the sp between the 3 dc groups. These stitches can be worked into the actual space. They don't need to  be worked into the chain stitches that make up the sp.

If it still doesn't make sense, let me know. I can probably whip up a hand drawn diagram.

Good luck!

Toni

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Reneedean wrote
on Nov 3, 2012 12:05 PM

Toni,

I cannot thank you enough.  I finally got it.  It's nice to have people to go to with questions.  I love to crochet but do not have a lot of experience with properly reading patterns and do not have anyone nearby to go to when I get stuck.  You've been very patient and helpful.

Thank you again,

Renee

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,227
Toni Rexroat wrote
on Nov 5, 2012 11:34 AM

Hi Renee,

I am really glad that I could help. I would love to see pictures when you are finished!

Best,

Toni

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS