help reading a pattern.....

This post has 3 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
angl22 wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 12:21 AM

I am having a hard time figuring out what this pattern says to do......I have tried several different things and I can not get the count right.

Row 1 (Right side): Ch 3, 4 dc in first sc, * skip next sc, [dc in next sc, skip next sc] 7 times **, [5 dc in next sc] twice; rep from * to last sc, end at **; 5 dc in last sc; turn.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Wovirtue wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 8:53 AM

I shall do my best to translate this and hope that this helps. I'll keep a running count in parentheses at the end of the line. Hopefully, this will help. :-) 

Chain 3 (1) 

4 double crochet in first single crochet (5)

Skip next single crochet { double crochet in next single crochet, skip next single crochet} 7 times (13)

5 double crochet in last single crochet (18) 

Please reply is this is helpful... Good luck! :-) 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 505
Char55 wrote
on Nov 17, 2012 6:13 PM

Wovirtue has it almost right but left out the 5 double crochet in next sc twice and repeating * to ** across the row to the last sc.

It should go like this (hope I didn't leave anything out)

Chain 3  

4 double crochet in first single crochet, skip next single crochet,

*(double crochet in next single crochet, skip next single crochet)** 7 times  Note: not sure if this means a total of 7 times or repeat this 7 times

(5 double crochet in next single crochet) Twice

Repeat instructions located between * and ** across the row to last sc.

5 double crochet in last single crochet; turn

Would be helpful to know how long the first row of single crochet was in order to work it out more precisely. What is the pattern you are working on? Is there a website for the pattern where we can see a picture?

Hope this helps.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
Neterete wrote
on Jan 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Thank you for the informative post.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS