Baby blanket pattern help requested

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
CelesteLS wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 3:53 PM

Would someone please crochet up a swatch section to see if they can follow these instructions.  It's a baby blanket 40 x 60 which calls for ch 150 to begin with. It's the 2nd row which is troublesome.  Instructionsare for colors A,B, and C so it has a checkerboard look to it. 

Row 1 (right side):  with CA, SC in 2nd ch from hook, *dc in next 3 ch**, ch 3, skip next 3 ch; rep from * to last ch, end at **; sc in last ch; turn--149 sts. 

Row 2:  With color CB, ch 1, sc in first sc, * ch 3, skip next 3 dc**, working over ch-3 of last row, dc in next 3 ch of beg ch; rep from * to last sc, end at **, sc in last sc; turn.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 453
Char55 wrote
on Nov 18, 2012 5:33 PM

What you are doing in row 2 is working a double crochet in each of the 3 skipped chains of the foundation row. When you complete the second row you will see alternating color groups of 3 double crochet. Doing the rows this way interlocks the rows. The ch 3 spaces of row 1 will be inside the double crochets of Row 2 because you are not working stitches in them, but rather in the row below them (that's what they mean by working OVER the ch 3 in Row 1).

Hope this helps. If you still have problems, contact me at cat-ghans@sbcglobal.net and I'll see if I can explain it in better terms.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS